Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

did i do the right thing

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:26 PM
  • 39 Replies

my son got his six month shots yesterday and everything was fine.  then he woke up at 4 in the morning with a 102 temp.  i gave him some tylenol and some juice and it went down.  when i woke up to get read;y for work today he was still really warm and very cranky but didnt have a temp.  i decided to stay home from work to watch over him and to make sure he is ok and my mother told me i was overreacting and she was dissapointed i didnt go to work....did i do the wrong thing being concerned even if it wasnt a big deal?? please give me ur comments

by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harley_Emmie
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:28 PM
Hun I think you did the correct thing . You were concerned about your child . You did what you thought was best. And your mother needs too back off.. I would of stayed home too in your case . So don't let her get too you .

Emmie
Raiyne
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:31 PM
No, Always trust your instincts when it comes to your kids! It is normal tho for them to run high temps after shots for a couple of days as well as be very tired and cranky. The first time my daughter got shots she ran a low temp all the next day and slept all the time for a coupla days. Though I think if the temp gets much higher than what urs was ur supposed to call ur doctor.
jano0204
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:31 PM

You did the right thing.  Especially with the fever.  You have to watch them closely after shots.

angelmommie39
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:33 PM
you did the right thing concerning your son , and sometimes mothers say things they shouldn't . and i am sure when she was your mother and you were little she did the same thing so never let any one tell you that you are over reacting when it comes to your kids not feeling well if you don't know what might be wrong with them . honey you did the right thing . what is the worse thing that happened You Lost One day Of Wages And your baby Got the Best care Possible . AMEN . GOD BLESS YOU  and Your BABY .
Angelmommie39
sity
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:40 PM
You dont need to listen to what people tell you when it comes to your child.  We all have a good instinct when it comes to them being sick.  My in-law always would say I baby my child but I could careless about what they say its my child and I will do what ever I see fit to make sure they are ok.  So you did the right thing in doing what you thought was right.  Hope he is ok.
tweetyfan
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:49 PM
I would have stay home , but does your mother watch your baby?  If so she probably said that because she didnt get to see the baby ... If not then the daycare probably wouldnt have watch your baby today anyway .. Kids need their mommy when they dont feel good .. I have a 16 ,14 and 5 month ..The older two still need their mom when their sick ,.but always go with that gut feeling .. Crissie... I hope that helps
mom24boys
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:49 PM

You did the right thing.  I can't believe your mother felt that way.  Most children respond the way your son did to shots, but you can never be too careful.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  You are doing an excellent job.

LoveMyJJ
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:50 PM
Of course you did the right thing!  Don't doubt yourself!  You know what your child needs better than ANYONE ELSE.  And just because he doesn't have a fever doesn't mean that he isn't feeling bad.  Don't ever let anyone convince you to put something (especially work) ahead of your child!
britishmom
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:53 PM
you are a good mother cause you did. Being concerned is natural. Yes u should be concerned about a fever 102 for the first 24 hours if it doesn't go up again then he is fine.
anniejackmom
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:55 PM

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING! IT IS ALWAYS BEST TO BE CAUTIOUS AND PROTECTIVE. SHOTS CAN HAVE SOME WIERD REACTIONS SOMETIMES! YOU ARE A GREAT MOM. I WOULD HAVE BEEN WORRIED TOO. REMEMBER THE BABY IS YOURS, NOT YOUR MOMS. I KNOW OUR MOMS MEAN WELL, BUT THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW, THEN WHEN THEY WERE RAISING US.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)