Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my son got his six month shots yesterday and everything was fine.  then he woke up at 4 in the morning with a 102 temp.  i gave him some tylenol and some juice and it went down.  when i woke up to get read;y for work today he was still really warm and very cranky but didnt have a temp.  i decided to stay home from work to watch over him and to make sure he is ok and my mother told me i was overreacting and she was dissapointed i didnt go to work....did i do the wrong thing being concerned even if it wasnt a big deal?? please give me ur comments

by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 4:26 PM
Replies (31-39):
tyfry7496
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:23 PM

You did the right thing, especially if your child goes to daycare. They cannot go to a center in my state if they have a temp of over 100.0. No matter what the reason is. They have to be fever free without medication for 24 hours before they can return. Your child is young and needs his mama when sick.

sagonz1121
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:24 PM
i think u did the right thing i would have done the same thing!
tommygirl
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:33 PM
You followed you instincts...don't ever doubt you 're doing anything wrong when it comes to your kid. You'll get a ear full of advise from tons of people but, you do what you think is right. You did nothing wrong. So what if you took a day off to take care of your sick baby...I would of too!
cen_ada
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM
yes you did the right thing. Your mother is wrong to criticize you.
cmarvmommy74
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 8:47 PM
you totally did the right thing! You are a great mom I hope your baby is feeling better.
Lsmom
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 9:37 PM
When it comes to being a mother......do not let ANYONE tell you how you should or should not feel.  God gave us an ability to read our child, and know what is best for our child.  No one else can do that for you, so do not feel bad, what you did was respond to your gut feeling on what your shild needed.....and  I would say you were right on.
theladybug
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 9:52 PM
YES you did the right thing...YOU are the mom....Please dont let family members make you second guess your decisions for your child.....You were 100% correct to stay home....i wouldve done exactly the same thing.............shows what a great and caring mom you are......
emmacheeksmommy
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 9:56 PM
You did the right thing!!  If you are anything like me you would have been worried about it all day at work and you would not have been productive!  It's best to stay with your baby!!!
JustTaylorsMom
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Let me start my saying that I am not trying to be snippy but your mother has raised her child(ren) and now it is time to raise yours.  I think you did the right thing staying home with your child.  If it had been me I would have too.  I remember when Taylor had her shots she went from fine to high temp in a matter of minutes.  I would much rather be the one watching over my child like a hawk than someone else.

You get a "adda mommy" from me for putting your child first.

Rendi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN