Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Think twice before you forget to return library book

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:01 AM
  • 24 Replies

A  lady in Iowa was arrested for not returning her library book she was charged with a fifth degree theft charge the book was worth 13 dollars her bail was 250.....how weird is that...any one out there ever forget to return a book? when we were moving i found a book from 1975...oops

american flag ribbon

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILoveMyBabies10
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:02 AM

How dumb.......thats just plain dumb....theres people out there comiting worse crimes....Jeez!!

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:03 AM

I've returned all of my library books--not always on time, but always returned.

However, about 3 years ago, we rented a movie, and we lost it. I never went back to that movie store...wonder if I should be worried?? It was a really old (probably inexpensive) movie...oops.

CaliGirlLife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:03 AM

ya i took out a book when i was 9 yrs old then suddenly my mom tells me that Her and I are moving to new york. Well I leave not thinking about it last year i tryed to get a library book at the local library the say i owe 850 dollars

PhotobucketLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker I'm a 21 year old, formula feeding, co sleeping, vax giving, cicumsising. Single mom who has multiple sclerosis, and epilepsy, but they dont have me.
AlyssaMommy2008
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:04 AM

me i owe like $15 or something just havent had the time....im gonna make hubby go turn them in monday now!

Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I thought legally the item had to be at least 20 dollars (on any charge) for it to be considered a crime..

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

HimandI2007
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM

They are doing it done here to. A couple months ago a lady was arrested on camera for not returning the book. What a way to waste time and money.

TinaNichole
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Um yep, right before I graduated high school I had 2 library books that I borrowed. The books ended up in a moving box with my other books, and then stored in my parents attic. About a year later, they decided to clean out their attic and asked me to come over and go through my stuff so I could see what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to get rid of. Well when I opened the box of books I'm like "OH CRAP! There's my books from over a year ago!!" So before leaving town that weekend I dropped them off, and they only made me pay $20. I was surprised. I thought they would've asked the full price for both the books, because I was sure they had replaced them by then.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM

my best friend worked at the library and could over ride our fines.... oh bad bad thing right there... our fines are both in that area

Quoting CaliGirlLife:

ya i took out a book when i was 9 yrs old then suddenly my mom tells me that Her and I are moving to new york. Well I leave not thinking about it last year i tryed to get a library book at the local library the say i owe 850 dollars

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

aikorun
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM

I'm horrible with libraries and returning books.  I've had three different library cards in three different states and have a book from each of them.  I no longer have a library card in my new state, I always buy my books...which is seldom.  I'll probably be arrested like that lady.  YIKES!!  I should find all of those books and mail them back to the libraries.

HimandI2007
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Are you serious?

Quoting CaliGirlLife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)