Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for ones that had Gestational Diabetes with there pregnacny

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

as you got further along did your blood sugar levels get higher?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Yes... it is perfectly normal for that to happen. As you get further along, the baby's body will counter-act what is happening and produce extra glucose, so that will in turn raise your glucose levels.

Claire

cluettgens
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM

if you control you sugar intake with diet, you should be fine. I had to check my sugar levels a few times aday and was able to control it.

happy new year 2009toddler boy

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Yes, as did the insane size of my children!

luvmybaby430
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM

thanks, i  have to check my blood sugar level four times a day, before each meal but for some reason they have been getting higher, i am on a diet as well, no insulin or nothing, just borderline diebietes. but it is getting up there lately, i am 32 weeks. it is mostly higher when i wake up,

Quoting cluettgens:

if you control you sugar intake with diet, you should be fine. I had to check my sugar levels a few times aday and was able to control it.

Cakelover_5
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Watch your carb intake. Sugar intake us important ut carbs are even more important to watch. Ask your doctor to  help. That helped a lot with mine.

Cakelover_5
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Have a 2 carb ( 30 gm) snack befor bed that will help. Your body is producing sugars overnight. That is normal.

Quoting luvmybaby430:

thanks, i  have to check my blood sugar level four times a day, before each meal but for some reason they have been getting higher, i am on a diet as well, no insulin or nothing, just borderline diebietes. but it is getting up there lately, i am 32 weeks. it is mostly higher when i wake up,

Quoting cluettgens:

luvmybaby430
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM

thank you so much.

Quoting Cakelover_5:

Have a 2 carb ( 30 gm) snack befor bed that will help. Your body is producing sugars overnight. That is normal.

Quoting luvmybaby430:

Quoting cluettgens:

Cakelover_5
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:30 AM

your welcome. I live with diabetes in my household. We all watch our diets now. I actually have lost 20 pounds since we started this food plan.

Quoting luvmybaby430:

thank you so much.

Quoting Cakelover_5:

Quoting luvmybaby430:

Quoting cluettgens:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)