Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Babies died....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

While you guys sit her and debate about abortion.... and obama.  2 children have died from neglect or abuse.....

Just something to chew onsad

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squidlife4me
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:17 AM

wow

Landen05
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Tell me about it...that breaks my heart.  I really want to foster/adopt kids.  I would adopt a thousand kids if i could.

proud_mami_of_3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:20 AM

It gets better....

Every 35 seconds a child is confirmed as abused or neglected.
Every 41 minutes a child or teen dies in an accident.
Every 3 hours a child or teen is killed by a firearm.
Every 5 hours a child or teen commits suicide.
Every 6 hours a child is killed by abuse or neglect.
Every day a mother dies in childbirth.

mom23luvs
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:27 AM

That is very depressing and I am really sorry I opened this post. I thought it was something to where we could offer prayers or condolences to a family and instead it's statistics. We all know that the world sucks and debating Obama or abortion in no way compares to this post. I know it's reality but honestly  it really, really sucked to open this post and read this.

Quoting proud_mami_of_3:

It gets better....

proud_mami_of_3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:35 AM

I would think what "sucks" more is opening and having to see REALITY. You think it sucks..... how about that baby who died or any of the countless others. My point was to make ppl aware that instead of just offering up prayer and condolonces... we need to step in and do something.....

Sorry if you didn't approve of my method of getting others attention

Quoting mom23luvs:

That is very depressing and I am really sorry I opened this post. I thought it was something to where we could offer prayers or condolences to a family and instead it's statistics. We all know that the world sucks and debating Obama or abortion in no way compares to this post. I know it's reality but honestly  it really, really sucked to open this post and read this.

Quoting proud_mami_of_3:

It gets better....

ilovebooksfan
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:37 AM

This make me want to cry.

celebrity"We deserve, demand, have a right to-can create--something better than the abortion industry's 'cure' for our unique condition of impregnability, whether that abortion be in the back alley or the plush front office." Julie Loesch, a prolife feminist

iluvmybaby175
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:46 AM

i dont' think it was that she doesn't approve, i think she just meant it's a downer/bummer. because there's nothing she CAN do AT THIS MOMENT. if it was something else she could offer prayers ext , Which still id a bummer to read because you know you couldn't have done anything to prevent it!And yep statistics are horrible!i hate seeing stuff like that and seeing it in the news it's awful! So i do the best i can to make sure that me nor anyone that i know or meet are one of those statistics and unfortunately one of my friends was (was very close to him just knew him) he shot himself in the stomach and died last year feb.7.07. it was horrible! and i wish i could have been there to try to prevent it!he killed him self at the age of 20 over a 30-something or older women who was hoeing around. it's all horrible. the world is very messed up .

Quoting proud_mami_of_3:

I would think what "sucks" more is opening and having to see REALITY. You think it sucks..... how about that baby who died or any of the countless others. My point was to make ppl aware that instead of just offering up prayer and condolonces... we need to step in and do something.....

Quoting mom23luvs:

Quoting proud_mami_of_3:

It gets better....

Photobucket

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

proud_mami_of_3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:50 AM

My point is we can do something at this moment...... me putting the stats up.. I did something as small as it may be. My thing is this we have over 80,000 members. Instead of fighting about things we really can't change let's brainstorm to get rid of this issue.

Quoting iluvmybaby175:

i dont' think it was that she doesn't approve, i think she just meant it's a downer/bummer. because there's nothing she CAN do AT THIS MOMENT. if it was something else she could offer prayers ext , Which still id a bummer to read because you know you couldn't have done anything to prevent it!And yep statistics are horrible!i hate seeing stuff like that and seeing it in the news it's awful! So i do the best i can to make sure that me nor anyone that i know or meet are one of those statistics and unfortunately one of my friends was (was very close to him just knew him) he shot himself in the stomach and died last year feb.7.07. it was horrible! and i wish i could have been there to try to prevent it!he killed him self at the age of 20 over a 30-something or older women who was hoeing around. it's all horrible. the world is very messed up .

Quoting proud_mami_of_3:

Quoting mom23luvs:

Quoting proud_mami_of_3:

It gets better....

sammiesmom918
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Quoting proud_mami_of_3:

It gets better....

this is so sad

katielovemyboys
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:09 AM

I'd say it gets worse. crying

Quoting proud_mami_of_3:

It gets better....

Katie~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)