Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anyone from or around the Galveston area on here!?!??!??!?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:26 AM
  • 19 Replies

I live in Lake Jackson and we're thinking about going to Galveston tomorrow, but only if our favorite restaurant is open. So does anyone know if the Cajun Greek Restaurant on 61st (next to CVS) is open yet?

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom23luvs
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:43 AM

OMG!! No freakin way..lmao.. ILOVE that place. Their oyster po'boys are the shit. My DH is from there and every time we visit we eat there like every other day. Their gumbo, oh man, my mouth is watering. I didn't know they had closed, was it after the hurricane? We haven't been down there since Easter. DH's mom lives very close  to the Cajun Greek, maybe a little closer to the seawall, and her place is barelyhabitable. I took this pic when we were there,lol.

bump

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Yeah I wanna know if they made it through Ike...I looooooooooove that place! We went there a week before the hurricane and I've been craving their Shrimp Brouchette! Ohhh I love it! Ohhh and their po boys are soooooooooooooooooooooo yummy! And their greek salad..seriously..they better be open lol

Quoting mom23luvs:

OMG!! No freakin way..lmao.. ILOVE that place. Their oyster po'boys are the shit. My DH is from there and every time we visit we eat there like every other day. Their gumbo, oh man, my mouth is watering. I didn't know they had closed, was it after the hurricane? We haven't been down there since Easter. DH's mom lives very close  to the Cajun Greek, maybe a little closer to the seawall, and her place is barelyhabitable. I took this pic when we were there,lol.

bump

bearandtreemom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:55 AM

We live in Baytown but we have friends that live/lived in Galveston... I think the Cajun Greek is open again but don't bet me on that....

We plan on going for the Valentine's Day Mardi Gras parade!

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Thanks, I really REALLY hope so! We've been waiting to go there for a while because that's the only place that we love to eat since their so cheap and YUMMY food, and I was REALLLY hoping that by now they'll be open.

Quoting bearandtreemom:

We live in Baytown but we have friends that live/lived in Galveston... I think the Cajun Greek is open again but don't bet me on that....

We plan on going for the Valentine's Day Mardi Gras parade!

KatherineM
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Thats were dh and I take our mini vacations for our ann. every year we have to now find another place due to the hurricane. It sucks I love that place. Does anyone know if it has been cleaned up any

CarlaD
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Man this makes me miss home..grew up in Pasadena.  Lived in Clear Lake for a while.  I AM HOMESICK!!!! Dang military...won't let us come home....boo hoo hoo.....crying

bearandtreemom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:01 AM

The seawall is back in action... they are working on Stewart beach and the other tourist areas... the farther into Galveston you go... the worse and worse it gets...

I don't know if you can see the pics but try this link

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1331498137#/album.php?aid=12422&id=1331498137

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:01 AM

My dad went there a couple of weekends ago (didn't go on 61st like I told him to lol) and he said that the strand was okay, nothing was really open. A lot of the seawall has been opened back up but he said it isn't the same. He's still upset that the brand new Hooters that was on Seawall, on the beach side was completely destroyed. They've been able to have Dickens on the Strand and the bike rally, so they've done some cleaning up but everyone that I've talked to said it's still not the same.

Quoting KatherineM:

Thats were dh and I take our mini vacations for our ann. every year we have to now find another place due to the hurricane. It sucks I love that place. Does anyone know if it has been cleaned up any

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Did anyone else hear about Shriners havig to be shut down? That's so sad!

bearandtreemom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:05 AM

These were taken between Christmas and New Years...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)