Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HR block emerald card

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hubby and I had taxes done friday and opted for the 1 to 2 day return. Its the classic refund anticipation loan. They told us 1 to 2 days and that saturday and sunday ARE included. Well I talked to someone today at the 800 number and she said that the soonest we could get our refund is tuesday.

Has anyone every dont the RAL and how long did it take. If anyone knows anything please let me know!

Thanks

PS We are paying an extra 200 dollars to have it in 1 to 2 days, so if its not there by monday should be go back to HR block??

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddys_mommy_ny
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:40 AM

I had mine done on Friday at like 430 and it was on the card Saturday morning at 8:00 I got the 1 to 2 day refund too, don't know what happened with yours but I would definitely be calling to complain at the start of business on Monday.

ILoveMy2Boys619
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:43 AM

We did it last year (still waiting for our w-2 this year) and we got our money that same night.

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

baseballMy Frankietoddler boyMy Jacobexpecting babyBaby Oops is on it's way

3earthangels
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:45 AM

After 3 years of trying to fix a problem from 2001, we thought we finally had everything fixed and applied for a RAL 1-2 day loan. We ended up not getting it and they didn't pay our money back for that RAL so we were screwed out of a few hundred. Anyway, last year they told us it was 1-2 business days for the second half of our money.

Are you, a family member, or a friend going through the immigration process? Need information, want support, or just want to learn more about it? Join my group www.cafemom.com/group/theimmigrationprocess to share your story, find helpful information, and people who are going through just what you are.

Kathrine1
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:45 AM

we put our through on the 16th and did the 8-15 and hoping it gets here before the 15 day mark!!! So far its been what 8 days?

Madysmommy04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Im really hoping it will be there tomorrow morning. We had ours done yesterday(friday) around 230. It kept saying we needed to activate our card, so when we tried we were told as soon as the funds were added then our card will activate itself. Well today around 3 pm we called and it said that our card was activated but our balance is 0. I am so confused! I talked to someone again and she said that saturday and sunday DOESNT NOT count and that the earliest we could get it would be tuesday.

I am so frustrated with HR block right now!!

Quoting maddys_mommy_ny:

I had mine done on Friday at like 430 and it was on the card Saturday morning at 8:00 I got the 1 to 2 day refund too, don't know what happened with yours but I would definitely be calling to complain at the start of business on Monday.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:47 AM

I would never waste my money like that...

BUT....I would assume that if you paid for a 1-2 day refund...and you didn't get that you should get a refund.

Madysmommy04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:50 AM

oh yeah and I looked up on the website about the loans and read everything we were given about it and NO WHERE does it say 1 to 2 BUSINESS days, just says 1 to 2 DAYS

Madysmommy04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:02 AM

really? no one else?

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Quoting Madysmommy04:

really? no one else?

I guess you could try to get them to refund you...

But like a said...they are a ripoff anyways...and I wouldn't suggest anyone use any kind of RAL.

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:06 AM

I wouldn't want to do that thing! I remember last year that a lot of people were having problems with them not getting the whole refund on them. It was also on the news how people were having their money stolen from the card, don't know how but one woman had like $3,000 on it but when she went to use it, it was all gone. I would just wait to get my check.

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)