Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How early can I make a bunch of sandwiches? piog

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:46 AM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so I know I'm neurotic but whatever, lol. I want to make a couple lunches for my daughter to bring when DH brings her to visit at the hospital because DH can eat at the cafeteria but I'm not sure what kind of stuff they'll have that my daughter would want, ya know?

Anyway I'll be needing to pack her a lunch for Tues, Wed, and Thurs. If I make 3 sandwiches on Monday and put them in the fridge, would they be good through Thursday??

Thanks!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday TickerLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
roxy85
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:48 AM

I would maybe put the wet toppings together in one bag and the bread in another. Like spread your mayo/mustard between slices of meat, lay lettuce on teh bottom and tomatoes on the top. Set it all tomatoe side down on papertowels. Then she can assemble it like that and the bread won't be soggy...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

sadeyez11
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:50 AM

that sounds like a good idea. otherwise the bread will get all soggy.

Quoting roxy85:

I would maybe put the wet toppings together in one bag and the bread in another. Like spread your mayo/mustard between slices of meat, lay lettuce on teh bottom and tomatoes on the top. Set it all tomatoe side down on papertowels. Then she can assemble it like that and the bread won't be soggy...

Crystallynn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:57 AM

LOL- I would just go and buy those uncrustable sandwiches.......Most kids love them- they come frozen- and you can throw them in the fridge to defrost slowly so they dont get soggy......But then again- I am all about convience when it comes to planning in advance like that........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)