• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For mommies who cosleep & eventually put babies in their own bed

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am trying to wean my baby off sleeping with mommy and daddy, but am not having much luck!! Any suggestions???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Owner of: Bored Moms

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:49 AM

heres a bump i did cosleeping when my son was between 2 and half and 3. I just gave him his bottle and layed him in his bed and he went right to sleep. Have you thought about CIO? I did it with my son when he refused to be rocked any more. He cried for about 10 mins and i went in 5 mins the first time and added a min every time i reset the timer.

karabearblu
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:50 AM

I have tried a little CIO. My daughter gets hysterical though. I can't stand listening to it. It stresses me out. It doesn't work for me :(

Quoting mommyof11050307:

heres a bump i did cosleeping when my son was between 2 and half and 3. I just gave him his bottle and layed him in his bed and he went right to sleep. Have you thought about CIO? I did it with my son when he refused to be rocked any more. He cried for about 10 mins and i went in 5 mins the first time and added a min every time i reset the timer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Punkin6498
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Yeah, I'm still trying to send my 15 month old the "move to your own bed memo" but it keeps getting stamped "return to sender"

3earthangels
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Sorry can't help... we let them go to their own bed on their own. Still sleeping fulltime with our 3 y/o & 13 m/o and our 5 y/o is there probably 2-3 days a week.

But here's a bump! hope someone else can help!

Are you, a family member, or a friend going through the immigration process? Need information, want support, or just want to learn more about it? Join my group www.cafemom.com/group/theimmigrationprocess to share your story, find helpful information, and people who are going through just what you are.

Brittney_OREGON
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:53 AM

i wait till dd is sleepy but not overly tired and lay her in bed sometimes i give her a toy that she likes turn her mobile on and she passes out (occasionally fusses for a few min ) and sometimes i gotta bribe her with a bottle of water depends on her mood... and i did it slowly naps first in her crib, then when she first went to bed and when she got up back in bed with us.. then her second time back in bed... and now we are working on the third time she gets up because by 3 or 4 im too sleepy to try it lol.. so that one is all my fault. good luck mama

karabearblu
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:55 AM

I wish it was still working for me! I do love it in a way, but she has fell out of our bed twice and it is very high off the ground. She hurt herself and I don't want that happening again. Also b/f and I haven't had intimate time since before the pregnancy and I'm itching to! Our schedules don't match up during the day. She won't even nap on her own most of the time.

Quoting 3earthangels:

Sorry can't help... we let them go to their own bed on their own. Still sleeping fulltime with our 3 y/o & 13 m/o and our 5 y/o is there probably 2-3 days a week.

But here's a bump! hope someone else can help!

britt_a
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Okay, my son is almost 3 and I just got him sleeping all night in his own bed last month. I didn't try very hard though until now. First though (crib still) I sprayed his favorite stuffed animal with my perfume so it smelled like me. That definitely got him sleeping longer without me. The hardest part for me though is that i always rocked him and layed with him until he fell asleep. That doesn't seem to work as well with other kids though lol. Now we have a routine where I lay in bed with him and sing him two songs, I give him a kiss and say goodnight and leave the room. At first he would cry for a minute, i'd go back in there, kiss him again and leave. I had to do that 3 or 4 times until he went to sleep but after about three days he has had no problem with it and stays in his own bed all night.

CaliGirlLife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM

well so far what ive been able to pull of with my 2 month old some time is that after the mid night feeding when hes most sleepy i put him in his crib lol

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:01 AM

We are very gentle with it but we put them in there own bed when the next baby comes. Its far to daugerous for us to have a infant and an toddler in our bed so we have our 6 month on in our bed  and got dd into her bed before he got here. Because we are not trying ot hurt her feeliings we let her come back some nights(put ds in the pack in play), but overall we just waited until she was old enought to tell to go get in her bed. No crying we stayed in her room reading storys until she feel asleep or we leave and she will come to our bedroom a bunch of time but we walk her back and tell ehr its bedtime, eventually she falls asleep looking at her books, or singing twinkle twinkle. Shes two by the way. But I have no idea how its done with little babys who cant understand why there being kicked out of you bed.

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:03 AM

our room was big enough so i just put dd's toddler bed in there. then i put it in her room and as long as she had her teddy,and nightlight she was good!

BUT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)