Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good birth control pill?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:16 AM
  • 16 Replies

I was going to get Mirena but after reading TONS of stories, I've decided against it (DH read about the wires poking and he begged me not to get it lol). I had the shot after my son and it made me retain water REALLY BAD and my periods were REALLY heavy, so I don't want that again. I MIGHT consider the Nuva ring. But I'm thinking about just getting on the pill at the moment. So can anyone recommend a good pill to look into?

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:17 AM
Bump
culinaryqueen
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:18 AM
CAarmywife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:18 AM

im on ortho novum and i love it. no break through bleeding which i had with other pills, no headaches, etc.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Im on implonad(sp) it goes in your arm. I like it alot. Its been in about a year and i haven't had any problems.

CaliGirlLife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:25 AM

thats what i am on .... AND thank you for posting this i almost forgot to take my pill lol

Quoting culinaryqueen:

Ortho Novum.

CaliGirlLife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:26 AM

oh and the novom was what stopped my uncontrolable heavy bleeding i mean (sorry tmi) it was pouring down my leg like pee and i was soaking a pad withing 30 mins i went to the hospital and thats what they gave me

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:29 AM

No problem, any time lol

Quoting CaliGirlLife:

thats what i am on .... AND thank you for posting this i almost forgot to take my pill lol

Quoting culinaryqueen:

Ortho Novum.

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

lenalove
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:30 AM

I like orthotricyclen

desogen made me go CRAZY.

21noahsmama21
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:34 AM

The nuva ring is great, just some people have things against it because they don't like the fact of putting it in there, and taking it out.  It's a "gross" factor, lol.  Are you breastfeeding?  I was on the mini pill, NorQ, and it worked nicely while I was breastfeeding.  And then after I was done BF, and a few months later, I got on the OrthoTricyclen Lo, and it's great so far.  I just started it a week ago, but it's been really nice, no ill effects at all.

mommy2boys0406
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:35 AM

I have had my mirena for 2 1/2 yrs and have had no issues whatsoever. Don't know anything about the pills as I've never taken the pill. I did like the nuva ring, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)