Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be concerned? Please help me

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:52 AM
  • 11 Replies

Tonight DH and I were watching the tv show Cheaters. In this one case this mans wife was cheating on him and the guy punched the man his wife was having an affair with. So I was telling DH I dont understand why everyone goes after the other one, and not their SO that was cheating. DH said that sometimes it is the other persons fault, so i ask him how, and he said like if your relationship or marriage is getting rough or you had just gotten into a fight with your SO and the other person is there to "comfort" you, it could just happen. That got me to thinking, he was in basic training for 7 months, and we had many fights while he was away, I was thinking what if he had an affair. I'm sure im over reacting but I just can't help it, he was defending the other person. what do i do, im just so speachless. Please please yall i really need advice. Thanks so much ladies

I'm the wife to a wonderful hard working Soldier, and a mother to a busy and beautiful 8 month old baby girl!
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CaliGirlLife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:55 AM

sweetie stop your mind from overthinking something isnt there lol

hes a man he knows how there minds work

its the whole men cant truely be freinds with women without wanting to have sex with them, unless there gay lol

I'm 21 year old single mom, with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and i am a recovered anorexic. I have lots of regrets, but to me there are my lessons taught

SugarMama99200
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:55 AM

I really wouldn't let it get to you. they really don't get alot of time to 'fraternize" in basic training.

Up late? Can't sleep? Come chat!!!

Click here and join us!!! good

SugarMama99200
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:56 AM

yep

Quoting CaliGirlLife:

its the whole men cant truely be freinds with women without wanting to have sex with them, unless there gay lol

Up late? Can't sleep? Come chat!!!

Click here and join us!!! good

LuvmySFSGT
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:57 AM

I can see why that would worry you. Almost like he was possibly blaming someone else for something he did...so if it ever came out he could blame them.

I think its kind of a stretch but I see why you would think that.

My husband and I have had that conversation (while watching cheaters....lol) and we both agree that the only person that can ruin a relationship...is a person IN THAT relationship. No one on the outside can ruin it unless you want them to.

CaliGirlLife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:57 AM

ya funny part is here is the only place i talk to women i have no female friends lol all my friends are male only two are gay lol the rest all straight granted a few of them are exs lol

Quoting SugarMama99200:

yep

Quoting CaliGirlLife:

I'm 21 year old single mom, with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and i am a recovered anorexic. I have lots of regrets, but to me there are my lessons taught

culinaryqueen
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:58 AM

No I dont think so I think he was just giving you a very straight foward answer regarding this episode of Cheaters, I dont know what branch of the military your SO was in but my hubby was in the Marines and honestly he did not have no time to have an affair he was always tired but we still had are arguments when he was gone, Honestly I would not think anything of it.  I hope this helps you I am just being honest, try to have a great night and dont fret about it.  take care.

leahdanley
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Thats exactly what happened to me.  Totally not trying to scare you.  =)  If you are really worried about it sweety, just ask him about it.  Relationships are based on communication and if you cannot communicate your fears with the person who is supposed to love you then what do you have?

ilovebooksfan
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:00 AM

I suppose I see your point but worry doesn't produce anything good. Men know each other. Think about positive things otherwise you'll let it get to you.

celebrity"We deserve, demand, have a right to-can create--something better than the abortion industry's 'cure' for our unique condition of impregnability, whether that abortion be in the back alley or the plush front office." Julie Loesch, a prolife feminist

jamtay21881
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:01 AM

Don't be letting your mind wander.....I know how we women tend to think deeply about things, but unless there was something that happened at the time to make you suspect then I wouldn't worry. And even if there was something that made you suspect something I would just talk about it with him and explain why you're thinking that. Hopefully, he'll understand and ease your fears.

mamamissy316
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:15 AM

Agreed. 

Quoting SugarMama99200:

yep

Quoting CaliGirlLife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)