• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax/Stimulus Question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:58 AM
  • 11 Replies
So, we have an appt. at H&R Block this morning (11am). I cannot for the life of me find our stimulus papers we got with our check. Has anyone gone tell me what they need if they know our a mount or do they even need to see it? Thanks if anyone knows!
pregnancy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsJaci
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:14 AM

we went to jackson hewitt and they jsut put in teh amount it said we were soposed to get which was 1200 hundred, but we only got 900because we got our check in late july and they the government.....I dont rember what the people who sent the checks were called.... said they were running out of money so we didnt get what they said we would back when they first said they were sending stimulus checks out. So she(the wonam at jackon hewet) just put that in(1200 not 900) becuase we didnt have the papers that said how much we got. Sorry if that is confusing, it is late....well early I havent been to bed, baby is sick. Hoped that helped thougt. What the wonam put in worked for us, we got our check and she said it stimulus checks didnt affect taxes anyway.

mom23boys679
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:16 AM
Quoting MsJaci:

we went to jackson hewitt and they jsut put in teh amount it said we were soposed to get which was 1200 hundred, but we only got 900because we got our check in late july and they the government.....I dont rember what the people who sent the checks were called.... said they were running out of money so we didnt get what they said we would back when they first said they were sending stimulus checks out. So she(the wonam at jackon hewet) just put that in(1200 not 900) becuase we didnt have the papers that said how much we got. Sorry if that is confusing, it is late....well early I havent been to bed, baby is sick. Hoped that helped thougt. What the wonam put in worked for us, we got our check and she said it stimulus checks didnt affect taxes anyway.

Thank you so much sweetheart! I was hoping that would be the case. We got 1200 ourselves - so this is good to know. Thank you so much for your help! :)
swaites2003
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:18 AM

You can go online to www.irs.gov and find the link regarding your stimulus rebate. It asks you a couple of questions and then shows you how much you received in the mail. I would print out that screen and take it with you to the appointment. I did our taxes online with Turbo Tax and they needed that info. Better to be safe than sorry.

VegasMagic
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:42 AM

OK, Im a little confused here!

I called JacksonHewitt jus the other day and was told this year's Stimulus hasnt even been APPROVED yet!

Soooooooooooo, what'chas all talkin about? LoL
Better yet who the $1200 for? WHat about single parents?

Thanks!
Sue

PrncessKathleen
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:44 AM

You don't need any papers. There is a website tax preparers have that can type in your information and find out how much you got last year.

I am a tax preparer at Liberty Tax Service.

mommyofblueyes
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:46 AM

My sister sent me this website this morning....you can look it up here! 

https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC&selectLanguage=en
mom23boys679
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:01 AM
Quoting VegasMagic:

I called JacksonHewitt jus the other day and was told this year's Stimulus hasnt even been APPROVED yet!

Thanks!
Sue

No, this is just 2008 taxes (refund) to get done. It states on the back of the 2008 Stimulus you have to save it for your 2008 taxes. Apparantly I don't need it according to some of these mamas though, so I should be fine.
mom23boys679
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:02 AM
Quoting PrncessKathleen:

You don't need any papers. There is a website tax preparers have that can type in your information and find out how much you got last year.

Thank you very much for verifying this. :)
coug70_99
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:02 AM

They are talking about the stimulus we received last summer. You have to claim it as income on your 2008 taxes.

Quoting VegasMagic:

Thanks!
Sue

PrncessKathleen
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Quoting mom23boys679:

Quoting PrncessKathleen:

Thank you very much for verifying this. :)

You are welcome.

To clear somethings up.

This year the stimulus you received for 2008 may be in your taxes. Not everyone got the full amount or received no stimulus at all. That is why they ask you. If you received nothing then the chance is you may get something back and if you didn't get the full amount good chance you will get the rest. It just depends on your income and dependents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)