Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have a boston terrier?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM
  • 10 Replies

i really want one.....opinions?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashley22ky
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM

awwww.....you made me miss mine!! Me and my two brothers got one as a christmas present when we lived at home about 6 years ago. So now that we all live on our own, we have "joint custody", lol. Right now she is with my brother, she'll be back with me for a while soon. She is wonderful. There are so many great things about her, her personality topping the list. Also, she is easy to keep clean and very smart. She's great with the kids. There are some things that are not so great too though, so I guess I'd better tell you about those too, ha ha. She is VERY hyper. She is def. a little nut, so if you want a calm lapdog, forget it. Also, she has had a few health problems that are common in bostons. One being a tumor, the tumors can't hurt her, but we did have it removed. Also she has a dislocated kneecap, which is also very common in boston terriers. She needs surgery for that soon as we can. Besides that, she is so awesome!! Here is a little video of her.....being nutty.......

c_boerman
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:03 AM

I did have one his name was Mister but I had to give him to my friend when I moved (no pet policy).  He was full of character and so sweet and FULL OF ENERGY ALL THE TIME.  The are hyper little dogs but loveable and so darn cute!

shewki
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:08 AM

well i have a cocker spaniel so i know all about high energy lol...shes insane..but we love her...im between another one and a boston terrier...i hear they really dont bark a lot and are very lovey....my dog needs a TON of grooming and such.....thanks for the info...and the video is adorable lol..i so want one of each but we cant i have to decide =)

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:56 AM

wave

Hi
shewki,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Dog lovers

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

mommyandthree
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Here is my Jinxy.   She is great with the kids and very smart.  She has a lot of energy so I would say that they need a lot of exercise.  I knew someone who had an eight year old Boston and he was still full of energy.  Not in a bad way, though, she will calm down when I tell her to. 

HEFFA-26.png image by jodell80   

baby girlbaseballgirl on a swingpregnant belly

shewki
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Quoting mommyandthree:

Here is my Jinxy.   She is great with the kids and very smart.  She has a lot of energy so I would say that they need a lot of exercise.  I knew someone who had an eight year old Boston and he was still full of energy.  Not in a bad way, though, she will calm down when I tell her to. 

ty shes a cutie!!!

i have three kids who wear out my cocker..shes so much fun..shes also full of fun energy..welove her..shes adorable.....=)

scleblanc
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I have a Boston, her name is Abby. I love this breed, they are very easy going, good with kids, easy to train and only bark if they are playing or protecting. If you have really small kids I think a Boston raised with them would be perfect. This is Abby, sorry not a better pic, but she is afraid of the camera.

mitch576
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:03 PM

my parents have one...but since they live in my inlaw... i kind of have one! lol

i am going to be honest....she really isn't my cup of tea.

one...she is deaf. she was previously owned by people who neglected her...so she lost her hearing due to infection.

the other reason i am not a big fan is....

i swear the dog is on crack! she is 9 yrs old...her name is spaz...and it fits her!

she has not calmed yet.

she is also very "nimble" so when you play ball with her...and forget to look at her...she throws the ball at you.

little rat has good aim too! hits you right in the face!

she is super strong for a tiny dog. i am constantly amazed by this dog and it's brute physical strength.

she gets on top of my 100 lb golden retriever....puts her in a head lock...and humps her head.

really it is an act of dominance...not sexual deviance! lol

but...she really pisses my dog off! and she is strong....so i actually worry about her hurting my dog...then my dog eating her! lol

she is a good dog! she really is...and she is loved.

but.... she is high maintaince all the way!

owner of 30andbeyond...jigsaw ribbon...ADMIN of autism, asperger's, pdd awareness

KADENCE310
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:06 PM

i just got one in January.  His name is Duece.  he is very lovable and is great with my 2 year old.  he sleeps alot but when he is up he has alot of entergy.  I think we made the right choice we had 3 pit bulls but after the hurricane we had this summer that totaled our fence and did a lot of damage to our home we had no where to keep them so we had to get rid of them.  There was no way they were coming in my house with my baby.  Anyway so far so good.  He isn't house trained yet but we are working on it.  My DH is pretty good with all that stuff.

Pinkmankie
by Kelly on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I have two and they are great!  They are so full of energy and great with the kids.  Very smart and funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)