Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any divorced moms?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

How did you tell your family and friends you were getting divorced? Did you call everyone or wait until they asked about your ex?
DH and I are divorcing. My family loves him, so I am not sure what they will say. I am nervous to let anyone know. I dont want to bad mouth him to them, but what should I tell them if they ask why? Should I just tell them the truth and let them hate him? (He has cheated on me and I never told anyone, but he has started back his cycle of lies again. He told me he was closing the store last night, but I called to tell him something and someone else answered and said he left at 7. His cell phone was off, I tried to call that first, and when he finally called me at 9, he still lied and said he was so busy at the store. When I confromted him, he went off on me "Why did you call the store? Why are you always checking on me? I dont have to tell you where I am every second")

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
harvgal04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I dont know, so here's a bump for you

blondenoah
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:22 AM

i'm divorced seperated for three years divorced for one, well my family out casted me becuase it was not a good thing but oh well its my life my ex cheated on me with our babysitter and close friend i walked in on it was not a pretty site. i was hurt badly we tried to work it out it wasnt happaning. but i just kinda told my dad and my sister what was going on and they didnt like it at first but my dad has stood behind every decision i have made becuase hes my father. my sister didnt support me becuase it wasnt cool and now she sees why i did so shes in the middle of it herself now too.

milmiracle
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:22 AM

You don't have to tell anyone anything.  If u feel u must, tell them what they want to hear.  That is your personal business and no one elses.  If they love him so much let them marry him and live w/ him.  WTH.  Just like u didn't share all your heartache before y should u now?  I am funny when it comes to talking.  I guess u could say I am not a good talker cuz when I decide something like "divorcing" I didn't say anything to anyone only because I was busy planning my "escape"  IDK, you have to be in that position to understand I guess. 

linda4
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I am Divorced and have been for 16 years now. My family loved my ex and thought he was the best thing ever. I just told my family that it didn't work and I still don't bad mouth him never did. Things just didn't work out is all. He also cheated on me. I say go with your gut feeling. Good luck and I hope it works out for you which ever way you go.

pam228
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM

if you don't want to get into details just tell people,you both tried but it isn't going to work,and for everyones peace of mind it's better if you separate. after my ex and i separated he was still a part of our family until he decided to break the ties.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)