Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Are Kids Only Sick At Night?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:55 AM
  • 5 Replies

Why is it when a child has a cold/fever...whatever it is, they feel TERRIBLE all night and you say "If they are still like this in the am I'm gonna take them in" only for them to be FINE all day...yet nightfall hits and all hell breaks loose yet again!!!

I'm so tired!!! I thought he had just a cold, but now his cheeks are red and chapped, and he has a wet cough!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stuckinamess
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Fevers go up at night. I think partly because during the day they are up and going, don't have time to think about how bad they feel and run themselves out. Once it's time to settle down and recover from the day they realize just how bad they feel.

Tracie
Wife to Khari
Mom to...
Kyra 9
Justice 5
4 Fur Babies...
Taylor, Max, Cleo & Tag

Heather0816
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Not just colds in my house...My kids only start throwing up at night or get up with earaches a 2 a.m.  I don't know why it's like this but I am going to ASSume that it has something to do with the fact that while the body is asleep it goes into a more efficient  "healing mode."

Anyhow, I hope he feels better soon!

Follow me to,  Army Wives Do It With Pride

Punkin6498
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Thanks mama's that makes sense....I think I'm going to take him in even though he's feeling better, the RSV worries me!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM

wave

Hi
Punkin6498,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Children's Health Issues

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

KYChica
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:09 AM

I feel lucky , none of my 3 daughters have ever been sick enough to see the dr and / or hospital for it. I think my 7 year old has only had a fever ...twice? My 4 year old hasn't had one yet , neither has my 6 month old.

I'll probably end up with 3 terribly sick kids for saying this now lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)