Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RSV?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:08 AM
  • 13 Replies

Once they have RSV are they immune to it or can they get it again?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3corncrew
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM
mousesmommy81
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:12 AM

It's very common for them to keep getting it . Yes

Punkin6498
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Thank you...I guess I'll be making a trip to the ER...he had it bad last year and was in the hospital, now he's been fighting this cold and has developed a "wet" sounding cough! Wish us luck!

anziomom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Yep, and many do due to weakened lung function.

Quoting 3corncrew:

You can get it continually your entire life. 

http://children.webmd.com/tc/respiratory-syncytial-virus-rsv-infection-topic-overview

lindseywhitaker
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM

get it again is my understanding

anziomom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Vit C, Vit C, Vit C *chanting* Good Luck!

Quoting Punkin6498:

Thank you...I guess I'll be making a trip to the ER...he had it bad last year and was in the hospital, now he's been fighting this cold and has developed a "wet" sounding cough! Wish us luck!

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM

They thought that my son had it, but after he supposeably had it again..they realized it was asthma that was triggered by colds...so now he has to have breathing treatments everyday in the winter..

Punkin6498
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Hey Anz....How much should I give him? He's about 21lbs. How do I give it to him?

Quoting anziomom:

Quoting Punkin6498:

vannahsmom07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Quoting Punkin6498:

Once they have RSV are they immune to it or can they get it again?

they can get it again.

anziomom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:25 AM

The health food store has liquid drops for small children...just follow package direction. When my kids are already sick I give them about 1000mg per day, but I give them 500mg daily most days so they are accustomed. Giving too much at first can cause runny poo... Or just start forcing 100% OJ and fresh fruits and vegis on him. Also, eucalyptus and peppermint oil are good for coughs...I mix mine with Coconut oil and use it like Vicks. HTH!

Quoting Punkin6498:

Hey Anz....How much should I give him? He's about 21lbs. How do I give it to him?

Quoting anziomom:

Quoting Punkin6498:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)