• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this seems strange to you?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Cheesecake as a wedding cake?

Options:

Strange

Normal

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

Okay, first off I want to say, that I know it's not my wedding, and they can do whatever they want to.  I'm just curious as to your opinion on this. 

My husband's brother is getting married in less than 2 months.  Well, we are just now getting details of when and where and what my husband and the boys are supposed to wear (they are in the wedding).  At first, they talked about her making the wedding cake.  I kept telling her that she wouldn't have time because last minute things always pop up.  Now, they are saying that they are going to go to Walmart and buy cheesecakes and decorate them, and that will be their wedding cake.  It just seems a bit odd to me to use cheesecakes for a wedding cake.  And also, it would probably be cheaper to let someone make their wedding cake for them.  My dad's friend is a caterer and is offering to make them a cake for a ridiculously low price, but they won't take her up on it.  I'm talking $100 or less for a wedding cake and groom's cake.  They are sticking to the cheesecake thing. 

What do you ladies think?  Is this strange or normal to you?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparkyskitten
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:25 AM

It is different.. but to me I like cheesecake better than regular cake and there is always so much cake left over I rarely see cheesecake left..

expecting boyMarch 2009. We already have a great toddler girl July 2006.

Don't complain about life if you're not willing to get off your ass and do something to change it.

Group Admin Breastfeeding Moms Uncensored

TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Well its strange in the sense that it isnt traditional, but I LOVE cheesecake so I wouldnt be complaining if I went to that reception LOL.

My name is Nicole and I'm A 24 Year Old Unmarried, Agnostic, Obama supporting, Non-smoking, Pro-choice, Circumcising, Formula-Feeding, Vaccine Giving, Disposable Diapering,  Non Co-Sleeping, CIO, Belly Sleeping, Semi-Strict Disciplining, Book Reading, Public Schooling, Gun Hating, Playing Outside Daily Rain Or Shine, Former Teen, SAH Mommy Of Two & Damn Proud Of It! myspace.com/mommyoftwo2584

*^* If there is a God who will damn his children forever, I would rather go to hell than to go to heaven and keep the society of such an infamous tyrant. *^*  Robert G. Ingersoll

Punkin6498
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I think if they are doing it because they both love Cheesecake, it's a cute an unique idea. If they are doing it cuz it's "easier" and they think cheaper, then yeah, it's dumb! A $100 Wedding Cake is basically FREE....So if it's not their love for Cheesecake fueling this....it's kinda silly!

vannahsmom07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM

i say its strange BUT... hey its all about what they want to do... its the added personality to the wedding.

coffeeluvnmom3

Sometimes strange can be good, traditional can get boring.

jackie8380

Yumm I agree.  Cheesecake is a different choice, but its all up to what the bride and groom like.  I never thought of this because if I had I just might have gone this route too.  I am not a huge cake fan though. 

Quoting sparkyskitten:

It is different.. but to me I like cheesecake better than regular cake and there is always so much cake left over I rarely see cheesecake left..

Ask me how you can eat gourmet meals on fast food budget! 

eating

lindseywhitaker

It's becoming popular to have slices of various pies set out at each person's spot at the reception, so I don' t see anything wrong with using cheesecake.  I'm not sure I would decorate them like that--I would probably slice them and serve them w/berries or chocolate sauce and have a slice at each spot. 

harvgal04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:30 AM

What wedding is this? lol i want to go..i LOVE cheesecake!! YUM

orcadarwin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I think they both do like cheesecake, but I believe their reasoning behind doing that as their wedding cake is that they think it will be easier and cheaper. 

I forgot to mention also that this is an evening wedding.  7pm is when this wedding takes place.  I've always heard that a late wedding like that means that it is a formal wedding. 

I agree, it is different, but I also don't like cheesecake.  Guess it's a good thing I will be going into the hospital 2 days later to have a baby.  I may not even be able to go, although I really would like to be there.

Quoting Punkin6498:

I think if they are doing it because they both love Cheesecake, it's a cute an unique idea. If they are doing it cuz it's "easier" and they think cheaper, then yeah, it's dumb! A $100 Wedding Cake is basically FREE....So if it's not their love for Cheesecake fueling this....it's kinda silly!

kaitlynsmom1230
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM

its definetly different, but i personally LOVE cheesecake so myself.

Quoting orcadarwin:

Okay, first off I want to say, that I know it's not my wedding, and they can do whatever they want to.  I'm just curious as to your opinion on this. 

My husband's brother is getting married in less than 2 months.  Well, we are just now getting details of when and where and what my husband and the boys are supposed to wear (they are in the wedding).  At first, they talked about her making the wedding cake.  I kept telling her that she wouldn't have time because last minute things always pop up.  Now, they are saying that they are going to go to Walmart and buy cheesecakes and decorate them, and that will be their wedding cake.  It just seems a bit odd to me to use cheesecakes for a wedding cake.  And also, it would probably be cheaper to let someone make their wedding cake for them.  My dad's friend is a caterer and is offering to make them a cake for a ridiculously low price, but they won't take her up on it.  I'm talking $100 or less for a wedding cake and groom's cake.  They are sticking to the cheesecake thing. 

What do you ladies think?  Is this strange or normal to you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)