Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

President Obama gets to keep his Blackberry...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:43 AM
  • 6 Replies

Who'd have thunk there would be such a stink about the President Obama having a Blackberry... and even though he gets to keep it, he has to follow "security rules".  So he can only email certain "top level people and close friends" and only certain people will be able to email him back.   It's like Big Brother wants to play Mom & Dad with the President now... how sad.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/us/politics/23berry.html?_r=1

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MorganRaesMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Yep and we the people can eventually have access to those emails. I heard that a few days ago on the news, according to some regulation.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

NananRaysmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I think its more to do with security issues than big brother...I think he will be fine.

Enraging liberals is simply one of the more enjoyable side effects of my wisdom.

Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.

You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.

RUSH LIMBAUGH

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:45 AM

That's kinda sad, but I'm sure he was well aware that those things might happen. To him, the country is worth more than his privacy.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM

This isn't a "Big Brother" issue. It is an issue of national security. Those things are so easy to hack into.

This message is brought to you spell checked and text type free for your reading ease.
geeez
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:47 AM

It is for security reasons...............hackers are everywhere, lurking

cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM

At least he gets to keep it.  I honestly felt bad for him that he was told sure you can run the country but OMG no you can't have a Blackberry! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)