• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He has checked out!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM
  • 7 Replies

Well what do you do when your husband has checked out and you have no more energy to keep trying. We haven't even been married a year yet and he has already lost all interest in me we hardly even talk. I know after time things lose some of the new excitement the sizzle but holly crap does that mean he wont even kiss me goodnight our show any affection what so ever. For instince we went to dinner and he sat across the table from me we hardly talked when we went home he took  a shower and went tot bed i cant remember the last time we had sex when i wanted to its only when he does and that's maybe once a month if I'm lucky. Hes not a real horn dog like most guys but he use to hold my hand when we went out now he stands about three feet away and doesnt really look at me. Not long ago we used to sneak out to the car for a quickie lol. Not anymore i just don't have the energy to keep trying to have fun with him i cant we got two kids and i work just has much as he dose  and i just cant I'm so drained. I f i try to talk to him about it he just gets mad. I'm at my last straw i just hate coming home. What can I do?????

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AllforColin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:01 AM

I would catch him one day when he is in a good mood and calmly ask him what is going on...he may be suffering from some depression right now. I would also ask him what you and he can do to make this better,,,,maybe some couples counseling? All you can do is talk about this when he is ready to! In the meantime, take care of yourself and get any help you may need to get through this! Talk to your friends, family, even see a therapist yourself! I really hope this works out for you!

geeez
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I know you mentioned you have tried to speak to him, but can you get someone to watch the kidz and go out, to discuss what is going on?  I does not seem like your looking to give up or check out.  Try counseling anything to get to the core of the issue BEFORE making any decisions.  Especially not knowing what is wrong, is making it difficult to fix/change.

hugs

Krissye30
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Ya im not ready to give up. And im not really a needy person i have been to a counsler for me he wont go he says if you need a counsler whats the point i say if you wont talk to me maybe you can talk to someone else anything.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:24 AM

wave

Hi Kryssye30

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Marriage and relationships

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Mom2Ali2007
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Tell him if he doesn't start giving you as much respect and attention as he is giving her then he can pack and move. Tell him you don't have the energy mentally or emotionally to deal with the BS , and IF thats not the problem he better speak up and tell you what IS !

Even if he bitches and complains at least he will be talking..lol

Shel

Mom to Ali born 08~27~07 7:11 pm

7lb 1oz 20 1/2 inches long

ImLunaEnchanted
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Marriages have peeks and valleys. Try to have a date night even if it is at home after the kids go to sleep. Make him a special dinner and after the kids are asleep give him his favorite dessert served in the bedroom with candles and such. Dance with him. Do the things you did when you were dating. Get some "back seat" action even if the car is in the garage. Most of all laugh.

*Helen*

Heather0816
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Counseling is your best bet! Nobody ever said marriage would be easy!

Follow me to,  Army Wives Do It With Pride

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)