Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MYOB?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have been a member of this group less than a week and I have seen a bunch of Mom's talk about how others should just mind their own business when it comes to people parenting choices. OK.  Lets ask why the same should not be suggested when it comes to hot button issues like abortion?

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JanieR
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I think everyone on here is entitled to their opinion no matter what it is, it's just the way the point is made.    Some feel you should mind your own business but when it comes to topics about abortion, the subject gets nasty and people say hateful things.   Those posts usually get deleted because someone will put something nasty in there but still, MYOB if you want but I think CM welcomes all kinds of opinions. 

MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Having an opinion is one thing, and thankfully we live in America where we all can express our opinions openly. But I think there is a problem when people call pro choicers baby killers, or want to govern our entire country on the morals of one specific group.

Quoting JanieR:

I think everyone on here is entitled to their opinion no matter what it is, it's just the way the point is made.    Some feel you should mind your own business but when it comes to topics about abortion, the subject gets nasty and people say hateful things.   Those posts usually get deleted because someone will put something nasty in there but still, MYOB if you want but I think CM welcomes all kinds of opinions. 

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

mysonsthree
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM
I fully believe that issues like abortion and religion should not be allowed in this particular group at all. This is a group for NEWCOMERS, I can just imagine how many Moms out there have canceled their memberships here after coming in here and reading all the shitty things being said about people in threads on those two topics. It's really too bad CM doesn't have a rule against those topics in this group. As for minding your own business, I agree. I think others should just STFU about that stuff and keep their hot blooded opinions to themselves.

geeez
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Some get their panties tied in a knot and very sensitive when others do not agree with them.  Hot topics I have seen are breast feeding, abortions, the war, OUR 44th President........Everyone should bear in mind with any topic we are entitled to our opinion, which is neither right or wrong.

mirandapoo
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Quoting geeez:

Some get their panties tied in a knot and very sensitive when others do not agree with them.  Hot topics I have seen are breast feeding, abortions, the war, OUR 44th President........Everyone should bear in mind with any topic we are entitled to our opinion, which is neither right or wrong.

I agree!!!

JanieR
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM

True, I just don't think we can stop the negativity of statements.   I do understand what you're saying though.  

Quoting MonroeLoves82:

Having an opinion is one thing, and thankfully we live in America where we all can express our opinions openly. But I think there is a problem when people call pro choicers baby killers, or want to govern our entire country on the morals of one specific group.

Quoting JanieR:

bluegirl3957
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I want people to mind their own business when they say hateful things to others because their opinion differs from the other woman's.  I love to hear opinions and ideas when people aren't being "holier than thou!"  MYOB is a good policy when you can't be diplomatic.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I don't see a problem with stating your opinion on anything. I just wish more people would learn how to do so with respect instead of immediately getting on their high-horse with a holier-than-thou attitude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)