• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding favors piog

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM
  • 31 Replies

anyone have any ideas or pics for making their own wedding favors?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM

what are you looking to do??

just remember 99% iof wedding favors wind up in the garbage...

we did bottles of wine and wine accessories

a friend did a CD of their favorite songs (and unless you like their music it winds up inthe trash)

its better not to give anything if its only going to wind up in the garbage...

discokittten
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM

We did m&ms in our wedding colors, people liked them!

MommyOnLI
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:27 AM

thats a great idea...

Quoting discokittten:

We did m&ms in our wedding colors, people liked them!

Bianca008
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM

My niece found lollipop bouquets of flowers at the dollar store . Had a ribbon printed with their names and date on it . It was cute and everyone loved them.

motha2daDuchess
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM
ours was a "trick or treat" bag, dh figured they wouldn't be the "keepsake" I had hoped...so it was pretty low-key

Thanks for noticing!!!Pro-Choice Mama for Obama!! I have a baby because I WANTED one, not because I HAD to-//Never have a battle of wits, with an unarmed person...

LeXisMoMMi04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM

ok thanks!!! I think I'm going to make my own.. I'm gonna get some tulle and some candies.. probably some M&Ms with our name and date or something..

smorekids
by 867-5309/Jenny on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM

We had spoons filled with kisses & then we wrapped them in tulle & tied them up with ribbon & had a little saying on a tab that said " A spoonful of kisses from the Mr. & the Mrs." everyone liked them. And I had my Bridesmaid help make them. They did take a while to finish cause we made 200 of them. I got my tabs with the saying from Ann's Bridal bargains. I am sure you could make them but I wanted to save a little time so we bought them.  Here's a picture it's not the best but you can get the idea.

Dance13
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

we did the candied almonds. just got little baskets and little mesh bags and we put 5 each one. it is an Italian tradition and if you do it you put an odd number in. most the time it is 5 or 7 almonds per bag.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I bought wallet sized picture frames and put the place cards (that I made myself with business card software) in them.

Were you married in 2001? If so, come join us at 2001 Anniversaries.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/17057/

02nana07
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

OUR COLOR WAS PURPLE I GAVE  SCENTED VOTIVE CANDLES AND A BOOK OF MATCHES WHICH WERE ALSO PURPLE AND HAD OUR NAMES AND DATE ON THEM EVERYONE USED THEM AND KEPT THE MATCH COVER AS A KEEPSAKE WHEN THE MATCHES WERE GONE.  I THOUGHT SINCE EVERYONE WE INVITED IS ALWAYS BURNING CANDLES IT WAS PRACTICAL AND WOULDN'T BE WASTED MONEY.

Quoting LeXisMoMMi04:

ok thanks!!! I think I'm going to make my own.. I'm gonna get some tulle and some candies.. probably some M&Ms with our name and date or something..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)