• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cradle cap help!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM
  • 18 Replies

my daughter is almost 2 months old and has really bad cradle cap-ive heard to use baby oil-what is the safest n best way to take care of it? thanks

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhpudgey3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM

my ped told me to use head and shoulders and it worked miracles... good luck momma

Yes this is my cat !

lilmomma4
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I used baby oil too.You can use a baby comb to loosen it up after you put the oil in gently.My son had that really bad around that age.Just make sure you rinse his hair well.

I'm a sahm,cio,formula using,non-political,going back to school,former teen mom,non-spanking,supernanny technique using,in love with a police officer,christian,very petite,mama of 5 beautiful kids.I am who I am and your approval isn't needed.
www.myspace.com/lilmisstink78

mommy228
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM

same here, and it did work you just have to be careful to not get it in the eyes!

Quoting rhpudgey3:

my ped told me to use head and shoulders and it worked miracles... good luck momma

MalibuMommy

I let my DD's go until she was about six months. When it was wet, I'd pick at it otherwise, I left it alone. At about six months I was tired of it and used the baby oil. IT was great and she hasn't had it since. Good luck.

trishasjunebug

I've tried everything. Kyle's almost 7 months and still has it :[

preview image

emmasmama07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:35 AM

what i did with when my lil ones got it was put a lil bit of baby oil on their head, rub it in, then use a small soft brush, a baby brush is the best, and gently brush the hair backwards from their face. cradle cap is itchy, and i know when i did it for my kiddos they were in heaven becasue it feels good to that moisture from the oil on their little noggins, and the brush works that cradle cap off the scalp. you might have to do it more than once, but it is soo worth it. good luck.

motha2daDuchess
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM
there is some stuff I got from walmart/target---it's called gentle naturals: cradle cap care..it's mediciney smelling, but it worked really well..we put it on dd at night and combed it out in the morning

Thanks for noticing!!!Pro-Choice Mama for Obama!! I have a baby because I WANTED one, not because I HAD to-//Never have a battle of wits, with an unarmed person...

Dance13
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I bought some gentle natures cradle cap stuff from walmart. it worked the first time and my son hasn't had it since. I used it also for shampoo build up and it got that out of my hair also. if you haven't tried it you should.

torijadekylie
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM

My DD's pedi had me use Head and Shoulder's  a few times a week and had me put some vaseline across her forehead so the shampoo would run down her face. It got rid of it really quickly.

justgrape723
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:42 AM

yep....but don't pick it off.......

Just use a gentle rubbing motion.

Quoting rhpudgey3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)