Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama's ratings the first 100 days..........

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM
  • 58 Replies

Like I said yesterday, I do not just focus on the negitive....

Two-Thirds Approve of Obama's Start

AP
posted: 1 HOUR 43 MINUTES AGO
comments: 3237
Text SizeAAA
WASHINGTON (Jan. 25) - Barack Obama is enjoying about a two-thirds approval rating for his first days as president, a poll released Saturday found.
The Gallup Organization survey found 68 percent of Americans approve of Obama's performance as the nation's chief executive. That's a number near the high end for new presidents, but short of President John F. Kennedy's 72 percent in 1961.

The Gallup Organization survey found 68 percent of Americans approve of Obama's performance as the nation's chief executive. That's a number near the high end for new presidents, but short of President John F. Kennedy's 72 percent in 1961.
The poll also found that 12 percent in the survey disapprove of Obama's job performance, a typical number all presidents face after an election.

Among presidents elected to their first term, Kennedy had the highest initial job approval rating, 72 percent, in Gallup polling three weeks after his inauguration. Next were Dwight Eisenhower with 68 percent approval and Jimmy Carter with 66 percent. Every other president elected to a first term since Eisenhower started office with at least majority job approval: Richard Nixon's 59 percent; Ronald Reagan's and George H.W. Bush's 51 percent; Bill Clinton's 58 percent and George W. Bush's 57 percent.
Compared with his immediate predecessors, Obama faces fewer Americans who disapprove of his performance. Clinton faced 20 percent disapproval after taking office in 1993, and George W. Bush faced 25 percent disapproval after the Supreme Court delivered him the presidency in 2000.

Gallup finds approval ratings improved after about 100 days in office for all recent elected presidents — except Carter and Clinton — as Americans became more familiar with their work.

An Associated Press-GfK poll released last week showed Obama with a 74 percent approval during his transition.
Obama was sworn in Tuesday. Gallup conducted telephone interviews of 1,591 adults Wednesday to Friday, which cover his first three days in office. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
geeez
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Funny how no one has anything to say................

MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I posted this in another topic.

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:37 PM

I LIKE him. I feel good about the next 4 years. I haven't felt like this is 8 years. LOL

Kairi snowgirl

geeez
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Didn't know...not stepping on toes.

Quoting MonroeLoves82:

I posted this in another topic.

momtoamo
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I do not think anybody would be surprised, that his first day was successful.  Give him a few more months than we will see.  I voted and agree with him, just that a lot of uber conservative, do not get facts straight, and will start to disagree very quickly.

l

juju40
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

he's screwing things up already..these next four years are going to rough

american flag ribbon

MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Can't do worse than Bush did. LoL!

Quoting juju40:

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I don't think ANYONE could do worse than Bush did.

Quoting MonroeLoves82:

Can't do worse than Bush did. LoL!

Quoting juju40:

momtoamo
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Can you elaborate, or are you just assuming?

Quoting juju40:

l

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

I LIKE him. I feel good about the next 4 years. I haven't felt like this is 8 years. LOL

Ditto!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)