Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son's skin...*pictures*

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:12 PM
  • 74 Replies

The doctor told me it was eczema. She prescribed him some hydrocortizone, but it made him worse. I got some Gental Naturals eczema cream, and rub it on him once a day and lotion him, but nothing is working. Now his elbows are developing scabs :[ Is there anything I can do for him? I feel so bad :[

That is one of his elbows.

Here's the other elbow, I don't know if you can see it that well.

Here's his leg.

He has some on his back, but in little patches. The skin in these areas is very rough and bumpy.

preview image

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callie-bishop
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:13 PM

baby oil did wonders for my sons skin.

jessdamian77
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:13 PM

umm try getting like an athlethes foot cream like lotromin try that for a few days bc that looksl ike ringworm.. or a form of it...

kimberlieparks
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Aww poor baby! My son gets patches like that on his chin! We use A & D ointment on it and it makes it all better. He loves when we put it on him after its been itching!

mommieof4girlz
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM

bump.....my girls have that.  Our cream the Dr's prescribed normally helped.  I am not sure ill bump you  :P

M0M0F03

My youngest gets eczema. It seems like less and less since he's gotten older though. Avoid hot baths. My son's Dr told me only to bath him every other day, and let him air dry. Keep putting the cream on, you have to be consistent, it does take awhile to work.

JoeMama

It does look like eczema. We had to use trial and error to find out what worked for my son. We ended up using Gentle Naturals Eczema Wash, and their Eczema Cream... That was all we could find to work for us. When I would use other lotions, he would scream because it burned! What soap do you use at bathtime?

nanaT2

I'm gonna bump you because my gbaby has this and I will find out what she uses besides the hydracortizone cream. She uses a specific brand and type of lotion but I can't remember what it is

ajswenson

OUCHY!!! Does he seem bothered by it???  I've had best luck with neosporin.  Not sure if it is ok to use on such a little one, but it might be worth asking about.  It's a greasy mess, but if it helps him heal it's worth a little mess for a few days.  Oatmeal baths may also help.  Has he recently had a change in his diet??? It could be a food allergy.  They say that eczema is often an indicator of food allergies.

zarismom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:16 PM

are you breast feeding or formula feeding? I ask because when i stopped bf and started formula, my daughters skin broke out. she couldnt tolerate the milk protein. she does also have excsma or however you spell it.. For her skin i use aveeno products, lotion her twice a day and put gentle naturals baby eczema cream on it. and when it flares up and looks bad, i use hydro cortozone. hope it gets better.

trishasjunebug
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Thanks, I have some baby oil, I'm going out to the store today so I'll pick up some A+D.

preview image

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)