• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little girls & training/sports bras

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: What age??

Options:

1-5

6-7

8-9

10 or older

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

At what age did you let your little girls start wearing a sports or training bra??

My SD's mom just got her one and she is 7...she doesn't need one but they got her one.  She doesn't understand the meaning of it and is more than willing to show it any and everyone.  I keep telling my SO he needs to talk w/ her but he doesn't know what to say about keeping it under covers and neither do I really.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

My dd is too young but I started about 8 or 9.

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker 

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

My DD is still little, but I'll get her bras when she starts to develop. I got my first one at around 9 or so, but I developed early.

vbongard
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

For me it will depend on when she started needing it.  If her boobs are sensitive or starting to grow then it is time, no matter what the age is.  I started at 12 but most of my friends started earlier.  My oldest son is in the 4th grade and some of the girls in his class already wear one.

Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I needed one at 6... my niece is 7 and needs one soon...

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

M0M0F03
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM

My daughter was about 8 I think. I started it before she really needed to wear one, we kind of made it "fun"...now she needs one, and she's used to them, but she's not crazy about it either...lol. If I would have waited until she had to wear one, I think she would have been against it.

Tricia76
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

My daughter is 10 but i got her one at 9

cutebaby06
by Monica on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Why would a 1 to 5 year old need a training or sports bra?

mimi_green_eyez
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:45 PM

My daughter is going to be 8 in 2 weeks. We started getting training bras when we were school shopping this past fall. It wasn't my choice, I didn't have one. it wasn't insanely necessary, but it was getting obvious. Now, you can tell if she doesn't have one on..

GreenMtGirl
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:47 PM

my daughter didn't have anything up there for a long time.  still doesn't have much..

didn't get a real bra till two years ago.. freshman in highschool and it had nothing to do with needing one..

Instead of a bra we used those little tanks with shelves... 

Jenny73
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM

My daughter was 9. And she prefers the sports bras  now that she is in middle school and has to change her clothes for gym. Though she is bigger then i am lOL she still did not need one that early. All kids are different. My  dd also started her period at 9 so... and has been shaving for 2 years. She is 11 btw. I think in this situation i would just let it ride out she will get tired of it and forget to wear it then you can put it away for a more suitable time. girls like to grow up to fast too LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)