Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you point me in the right direction?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

I normally pay someone to do my taxes, but thought I'd give it a shot myself this year.  I'm getting tired of having to pay that fee!  Does anyone know of a reliable place online I can do my taxes?  I'm also not real savvy with these things, so I need a site that explains things as well.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I use turbo tax. It's EASY. There are step by step instructions. I don't pay anyone.

Kairi snowgirl

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

H&R Block online does everything step by step for you and you can efile for free if you make below a certain amount.

miralerk
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

hrblock.com

there  you can choose to use the free software and it explains everything you can even talk to a person if you get stuck

itssweetness
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:44 PM

BUMP because Id really like to do my own this year too.....   :)

itssweetness

snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I use taxact.com, it does all the work for you, just tells you what to enter, then even checks it for you for things you might have missed to get a bigger refund.

underestimated8
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Thank you ladies SO much for the fast response!!  Now I can go ahead and get started :)

vbongard
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I do mine online.  You have many options for companies that will help you and walk you through it.  You can go to IRS.com and search free efile.  I also love these three and see which one has the better deal each year.  H&R Block, TaxAct, TurboTax.  Good luck

MarcRyan
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Taxslayer.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)