Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Talk about rolling back prices.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482552,00.html

NATCHEZ, Miss. —  A Wal-Mart employee has been charged with embezzlement after allegedly ringing up a sale of $5.25 for more than $500 worth of merchandise.

Natchez Police Chief Mike Mullins said a 20-year-old cashier was arrested Thursday along with a 22-year-old customer at the Wal-Mart in Natchez.

Mullins said the cashier charged the customer $5.25 for seven pairs of jeans, a baby crib, a pair of scrubs, a picture frame, sweat suit, laundry detergent, a bra, four pairs of pants, diapers, pizza, coffee, four 12-packs of drinks, canned goods, air freshener, nachos, noodles, frozen goods, chips and a family pack of beef.

The actual total for the merchandise was $547.50.

Mullins said the two women were being held Friday without bond pending an initial court appearance.

Why are people SO stupid?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tzejstorey
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:59 PM

thats quite a good employee discount!!! 

itssweetness
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:01 PM

The customer had to have been a friend of hers.  My friend has an acquaintance that works at the dollar store and last summer she bought all kinds of outdoor stuff and her friend charged her $10 for about $60 worth of items!  She says she will only go there if she knows her friend is working there.  I think thats just plain WRONG, she can totally afford it too.....

itssweetness

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Certainly not worth wrecking your career, reputation, or hopes for a future in sales. just let the scanner do it's thing.

Mommy2_two
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Quoting itssweetness:

The customer had to have been a friend of hers.  My friend has an acquaintance that works at the dollar store and last summer she bought all kinds of outdoor stuff and her friend charged her $10 for about $60 worth of items!  She says she will only go there if she knows her friend is working there.  I think thats just plain WRONG, she can totally afford it too.....

Can we say Thief!

LaNette000
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Must have been checking out a friends merchandise and let some of the charges slide. WoW! Lame!

roxy85
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I worked at a department store and transfered stores to help "take down" a ring of thiefs. The maintenance people would throw clothes into trash cans and take them out to the dumpsters. Then they would call someone to come pick up the bags. We also had employees ringing people up for things incorrectly, switching tickets, and all kinds of other stupid things. They don't realize that even McDonald's runs a background check now. No one wants to hire you when you've been convicted of stealing from your employer!

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Joanna_M
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:39 AM

I've seen this in past jobs. It's crazy how little people seem to care about stealing from their companies. I swear they must all think they are just so much smarter then everyone so they will never get caught. It would make me crazy every time I'd find out someone was fired for stuff like this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)