Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter,, i swear...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

she is driving me nuts. If she does something wrong I make her go sit down. So she gets pissy that i make her do that and stomps her feet, hits the wall or something. So I make her leave the room we are in and go sit on her bed. She is constantly getting an atitude. I believe in spanking, but it's gotten where it's not working with her and never eally has with my son. So what do you do? We don't have tv anymore, just tapes occasionally so i can't really take that away, she draws alot that is about it.. sometimes plays games but not on a regular basis to take it away. ya know?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AllforColin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I don't know if you are interested...but I read a book called ' 123 Magic" and am using it with my 3 yr old Autism Spectrum son and it works! You can probably find it used on Amazon.com. I hope this helps!

Christy-

bump

M0M0F03

How old is she?

Standing in a corner always worked well for me. They can't be out until they stop crying and are behaving. Never did the minute/age thing. Some kids need to stand longer than others.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM

wave

Hi
Christy-,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Raising Girls

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

sagi6666
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Sounds like the sweet teen years are here, huh mom? I went through this stage and more with my girls, and WOW, what a rollercoaster ride it was...The sassy stage started when they were in about 8th grade...How old is your daughter? Maybe, I can help by telling you some of the experiences I went through and what I did to resolve the issue...It wasn't an overnight process, but they do grow out of it...

LaNette000
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:45 AM

She sounds bored and frustrated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)