Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to lose this weight PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:16 PM
  • 15 Replies

GRRRRZZZZZ .... I need to lose this weight. I couldn't stick to weight watchers, I can't afford to eat super healthy, can't afford to buy diet supplements or get a gym membership, it's too cold to go outside and exersize and I live with my parents who have so much doubt in me and talk so much crap when I'm trying to work out at home which of course is dicouraging... I NEED to lose this weight. I weigh more now than I did when I had my son 13 months ago. I want to lose 100 lbs by the end of the year at least 60 by july.... Any tips on working out and dieting on a budget. I have always met my new years resolution... in 2006 I led my robotics team to nationals, in 2007 I finished highschool and enrolled in college while pregnant, in 2008 I quit smoking... 2009 I NEED to get down to 150 lbs.. I NEED to do this.. please help

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crystallynn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM

you dont need an expensive gym membership to loose weight.  I have 2 cardio workouts from "The Biggest Loser" and I lost 22 pounds in 3 months just doing that.  I didnt change too much in my diet, just started eating less.  I still eat all the food I normally would, just less of it.  If I think I am hungry, I drink a big glas of water first.  Sometimes, hunger is really thirst, and this helps to narrow down what the actual issue is.  Good luck to you in 2009!

Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:23 PM

My first question to you would be, when you go to the grocery store, what do you usually put in your cart...Honestly?

~*~Amanda~*~

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Go to thedailyplate.com set up a free account and it will help you manage what you eat. I am down 3 pounds so far and it has only been 2 weeks! I do go to the YMCA but all I do so far is walk there track. I would just start slow. get use to it instead of going full force. I don't eat the healthiest but I am starting to grab a few apples at the store and bought some fiber one bars for a snack because they keep me full. They are also really good! LOL I eat only one of those a day so a box will last me a week. My biggest thing is snacking all the time. I also picked up gum and some hard candies for that. Just doing more house work keeps you moving and is a workout, if you do that then you parents won't even know and if they do put you down then just think of how good it will feel when you do lose the weight and you can tell them they were wrong! Also park at the back of the parking lot at the store to get more walk in. Also the malls usually open up at 8am for mall walkers. I am trying to lose a 100lbs too so I will send you a friend invite, maybe it can keep us both motivated!

Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I don't... I live with my parents and just give my mom half of whatever she spends and she shops. It's easier to buy for everyone than to make seperate meals all the time...

Quoting Mezmer:

My first question to you would be, when you go to the grocery store, what do you usually put in your cart...Honestly?

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

momof12003
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM

This is what you need to do.  You need to start going grocery shopping with her.  YOu need to make a list of things b4 u go.  Cause we all know that if we go in empty handed with no list then we tend to buy a lot of food that is not healthy.  Drink lots of water.  Play more with your kids...whether its running around or what not.  My sister got the 30 day of shred.  It is Jillian Michaels dvd from biggest loser and its only 20 minutes a day....that's it. a 20 minute workout.  If y ou can't afford to buy a set of 5lb weights then just use cans of fruit or veggies.  Start off with those until you can afford them.  Really watch what you eat.  Make sure you are always looking at the calories.  You know you can go online and shop for your food or you need to plan out meals.  This is what I had to do before I could afford a gym membership.  You can do it.  Anyone can do it.  It's just keeping up the work and not stopping and seeing that you can do it.  The more muscle you get the more fat that is burned.  Just keep it up and you can do it.  Ignore your parents.  I live with my parents too with my son and I had to do it all by myself and I am still doing it all by myself.  Ignore them...ignore what they say to you.  Keep your head up!

Quoting Mommy2Jayson:

I don't... I live with my parents and just give my mom half of whatever she spends and she shops. It's easier to buy for everyone than to make seperate meals all the time...

Quoting Mezmer:

Heather

Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Ah, ok.  Well, you can totally lose weight w/o "dieting" per say.  You just need to do correct portions and eat the right things.  I spoke with a nutritionist a while back and she said a good way to measure portions is to make a fist and go by that approximate size.  I've stopped eating frozen food and after a week of going w/o anything frozen, I started to feel better.  Those preservatives will get ya in the long run.  I've stopped drinking soda all together and not only do I feel better but I look better.  I drink water mostly and tea.  I still have coffee, cause that's my addiction.  I also bought a bag of Hershey's kisses when I felt like having some chocolate,  I just took one of those out and sucked on it so it would last longer (than chewing it).  Lean meats, whole grains, etc.  Pretty basic food stuff.  I really just cut out the soda and frozen food. 

A good trick is to eat about 20 whole peanuts about 30 mins before you eat.  Peanuts have a chemical that send a message to your brain, giving you the sensation of feeling full faster.  It totally worked for me.  Eating slower does the same thing.  It takes a while for your brain to process how full you feel.  You could be well over-stuffed by the time your brain receives that message from your stomach.  Does that make sense?  I'm not very knowledgable in the excercise area.  Free-stye dancing burns tons of calories though.  I lost so much weight one summer just doing that.  So if you aren't into excercise like me, that's a good way to lose weight.  :)

Quoting Mommy2Jayson:

Quoting Mezmer:

~*~Amanda~*~

Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Thank you all very much!!! The dancing sounds great. I can't dance worth crap and I've been telling myself I a going to learn to dance before I turn 21, because on my 21st birthday I want to tear the club up... lol...We have free on demand dance lessons... and My son loves to dance too, so I can always just blow it off as I'm playing with Jayson... I have cut out soda all together, but I'm afraid to see if it made a difference and discourage myself even mre if it didn't ... lol. I can't wait until summer... or even spring.. I love to go bike riding and I know that will help tremendously since the park I ride through is 5 miles both ways...

HealthierHolly
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I admire all of the goals you have set and achieved so far. I hope you find a way to achieve this one as well.

Weight loss is certainly one of the hardest things, for allot of people. (It is for me) But it sounds like you are setting yourslef up for failure, because you've go excuses why you can't make the changes neccessary to lose the weight.

Some simple things I would suggest.

-Make sure your getting enough water 8, 8oz glasses a day is actually the minimum for weight loss.

-Make sure you are getting enough protein. at least 100 grams of protein a day. If you don't do the meal planning this might be difficult. You could try getting high protein snacks like cottage cheese, turkey breast, protien bars, lowfat cheeses, etc that you can add to what you are already eating.

-Make sure you are getting enough calories. Most women believe they should eat 1200 calories or less per day, but they are often mistaken. If you don't give you body the calories it needs, your body stores more of what you eat and you gain weight. Here is a link to find what your calorie intake should be http://www.cinchplan.com/sharingthedream/analysis/index

-Find ways to be more active. Are there stairs at work or school that you could take a few times a day? It only takes 15 minutes of brisk exersize to boost your metabolism for hours. 15 miunutes twice a day would be better that 30 minues once.

-Come join my group for more support and ideas!

Healthy Weight Loss

doubleblessed04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Cut the sodas (even diet ones) and drink more water!! Watch your portions, read labels, find and prepare low calorie recipes and watch the snacking. Eat more FRESH fruit and veggies. Burn more calories than you consume!

Twins- Double the Love!!
3roosters1hen
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:04 PM
It seems to me that you are FULL of excuses! Thats all you have are excuses! Nothing has not worked because you are finding reasons for them NOT to. When you have realized that you do not NEED to, and realize that you WANT to, only then you will be ready. I live on a extremely tight budget and it is NOT expensive to eat healthy. It is less expensive to eat healthy than to purchase all the junk and non-healthy food you are currently not ready to give up. Loosing weight means CHANGE and change of habits. Changing the way you cook and feed your family. I spend LESS now than I did when I was 263 pounds and complaining that I NEEDED to loose weight. Go visit my blog www.myroadtothin.blogspot.com you can read my story and maybe I can inspire you to WANT to loose weight. I am on Weight Watchers and It is and has been teaching me to change my life about food. I eat healthier and my family benefits from what I have changed. There are reasons why everyone over eats, and there are ways to change your over eating habits. I wish you luck on your discovery to change in order to loose. Not needing to but wanting to. You have to WANT it to change it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)