Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

So my question is i came home late on friday evening a found an eviction notice on my door now because i have lost my job we have fallen a lil behind anyway my eviction is scheduled for tomorrow at 11am. My husband gets paid on friday and then we can pay the rent. I was told that if i speak with the resident manager that she might let it so seeing that he gets paid on friday. Now we have 3kids and 1 on the way. Now my question is do you think she might let us go until friday??

Now we dont have any friends to borrow from and his parents dont have anything either my parents we dont talk to

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ziggy.Stardust
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Did you have any prior warning before Friday? Because i think they need to give you 30 days notice to get out. Who knows what the manager will say but its worth at least telling her whats going on, she might let you pay friday.

melissa089
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:31 PM

i know that the landlord has to give you a 30 day eviction notice not a one day otherwise it's an illegal eviction... has she told you anything before you found the notice?

mama2jarednrae
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I thought you had atleast 30 days before you had to be out of any place...
I would talk to them about you paying on Friday...

staci1103

I guess that would depend on how many times you've been late in the past.  Times are rough for everybody and I'm sure she knows that so hopefully she'll let go stay...Good luck!!!

aviecse

I did'nt get any other warning then the notice left on friday

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
MonroeLoves82

By law, you have to go to court tomorrow.  Normally they don't start eviction proceedings or make you leave before you are about 3 months behind.  They may give you the chance to pay on Friday, but they might not.

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

melissa089
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM

then you can fight it.... thats illegal. people HAVE to give you 30 day notice.

Quoting aviecse:

I did'nt get any other warning then the notice left on friday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)