Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gross. (vent)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM
  • 17 Replies

I had my DS 7 weeks ago & I have lost maybe 3 lbs after leaving the hospital.  I disgust myself.  I eat less, exercise as much as DS lets me & yet I'm still a fat cow.  My SO doesn't want to have sex with me.  He doesn't want to talk, be affectionate, nothing.  Sometimes I wonder if he even wants to go in public with me.  I hate myself.  & I hate feeling this way.  I was big before & I lost a ton of weight (From a size 18 to an 8.)  I felt so good.  Now, I don't even know what size jeans I would wear.  I don't want to find out. It doesn't help that get out my pre-pregnant jeans all the time & stare at how much smaller I was.  No, I wasn't tiny then but I felt good.  Ugh.  I wish I could fall asleep & wake up an 8 again.

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, vaccinating, non-circumsizing, disposable diapering kinda mom.  I am a stay-at-home-mom who will rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born." -Rajneesh
Trying to lose weight?  Already lost it?
Come join
Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mfittshur
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Dont be too hard on yourself sweetie. It took me at least a year to feel like I was a normal size again (not trying to discourage you...I was also a size 8 pre prego). It takes time...you just nourished a baby for 9 months and ate for two...give it some time. The weight will come off soon :). If you need to talk, PM me.

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I am so sorry you feel that way. I used to be a size 3 and now after baby #5, I am a size 14. I feel like I look awful. Talk to your dh about how you are feeling. I know that it makes a world of difference if he assures you that you are still beautiful. My dh tells me all the time.

101InfantryWife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I can sympathize momma.

I had 2 kids back to back, Im 22.. and I went from a  fit size 7 to a unfit size 18/20.

I can hardly stand myself. I have alot going on in my life with my husband and his army injury, and my kids are now 2 and 3.. and Im preg with number 3..

I wish i could take this negative energy and force myself to workout or something.. I just get impatient when I dont see immediate results

momto3infl
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM

It has been 7wks you need to talk to a dr you are sounding a little PPD, it can take a few months up to a year to loose the weight from pregnancy.

mommysasha1988
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM

My sister is getting married in June & I don't want to be fat then...

Quoting mfittshur:

Dont be too hard on yourself sweetie. It took me at least a year to feel like I was a normal size again (not trying to discourage you...I was also a size 8 pre prego). It takes time...you just nourished a baby for 9 months and ate for two...give it some time. The weight will come off soon :). If you need to talk, PM me.

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, vaccinating, non-circumsizing, disposable diapering kinda mom.  I am a stay-at-home-mom who will rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born." -Rajneesh
Trying to lose weight?  Already lost it?
Come join
Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

MommyRuby2008
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM

If he is doing that to you then he is emotionally abusing you. If he wont touch you then he is the one making you feel ugly. You just had the baby less than two months ago. It takes time and some women just lose it more slowly than others. You are by no means ugly!

prestonjohn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I gained 50 pounds when i was pregnant.. 30 of it was gone when i left the hospital, it took about 6 months to lose the last 20,,be patient it will come off..btw i never excerised or anything just the normal everyday things. as for your hubby have to tried talking to him? did he watch the birth, that sometimes throws a man for a loop, it could be him and not you

Kerfuffle
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Thats mean of your SO, Imo.... you just had a baby. It takes time to lose weight. It took you 9 months to put it on.... how fast can you expect it to come off, ya know? I just had my 3rd...  my pants will never fit again

I can give you some suggestions if you want.  Only drink water... and lots of it. (no soda, juice)  Eat frequently, but in small amounts.. and make sure they are low fat, low cal items.  It really helps.  It takes some time...  but it works, trust me.

Stress can cause you to keep weight on...  so as hard as it is.... try to destress. 

Do cardio, but also do weight bearing exercises.  get some free weights, work your arms and your legs.... 

mfittshur
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Aww...Just keep working out. It takes a bit to see the results, especially right after giving birth (at least thats the way it was for me) but eventually you will see results and feel so great! Remember not to be too hard on yourself...

Quoting mommysasha1988:

My sister is getting married in June & I don't want to be fat then...

Quoting mfittshur:

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I started out a size 6 when I had my son 5 1/2 years ago, after my second I was about a 14.  I finally got down to a size 10 about two months ago and then BAM got pregnant with number 3!

It really does take time. They show all those celebrities 6 weeks after having their babies and you can't even tell they were pregnant! (I think it's a conspiracy!!!!) Well that's not how *real* women work. Give yourself some time, it took me at least 4 months to lose a majority of my baby weight with both kids, and even then I was still far from that size 6!  Give it time, it takes different amounts of time for each persons body.

As for your husband, no offense but he sounds like a jerk!

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)