Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so overwhelmed.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM
  • 3 Replies

I don't really know what my problem is.  Nothing major has happened, but I feel like "everything" is just too much right now.  Potty training my son feels like a lost cause at this point.  Doing my taxes online, though simple, is frustrating me.  I'm now wanting to fine a work-from-home job, and even though I've just started the search, I already feel discouraged.  I have a horrible headache.  I'm trying to keep the house quiet for my guy to sleep, he pulled a twelve hour overnight shift last night.  My son apparently got a rash over the weekend, and his dad didn't bother calling to let me know.  So now he's itchy all over.  None of this is really any worse than any other day.  But for some reason, I just want to curl up in a ball and cry.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nikilyn
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I've been where you are and trust me, it will get better. First, potty training will come when it comes and don't exasperate your little one just because someone told you "it's time".  Relax and encourage.  I get stressed about my taxes, too, but haven't started that yet, but I am in the work-from-home market myself.  My husband works odd shifts sometimes and it seemed like no matter how quiet the house was, it wasn't quiet enough.  I tried just reading endless amounts of books to my boys in the farthest room possible from our bedroom.  As far as the rash, try Aquafor and call your ped. 

Sometimes I feel better when I put things on hold for a while and read a book, and drink some hot chocolate or hot tea.  Then I feel like I can do things one at a time.  Hang in there!

SotilSol
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Must be something in the air today...I feel it too.

kyleandmegsmom
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Quoting SotilSol:

Must be something in the air today...I feel it too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)