Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies I really need some help

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

So a REALLY long story short my sons father who realy hasn't been around for 4 years decided to get married about 2 weeks ag to the girl that he cheated on me with while I was pregant with our son.  Well now he just called me to tell me that they are filing for shared custody, they want him every weekend.  Well his dad has been arrested who knows how many times, and I know his new "wife" just got out of jail as well.  He's in the national guard and he just moved her and his daughter into a home with his buddy and his three kids, and last I knew there were drugs being sold out of that home.  Hell no am i sending my son anywhere close to that home.  Well I want to run background checks on them to take to court with me and what to know if you ladies know of any sites that are accurate with doing checks.  Thanks in advance. Please Bump if you can't help.  THank you.

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Tickertreadmillin love

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennifer16
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I would get an attorney.  You are going to need one anyway and have them help you with the background checks and getting proof that it would not be safe for your son to be there.

I think that it is illegal to run a background check on someone unless you have consent from them

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM

BUMP

andrea_smkns
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I'm pretty sure the court can do the background check themselves, but if not they cost money for any reliable site.

I think you should be talking to a lawyer and be saving your money for that and not waste it on background checks.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

kameronsmommy08
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

bump

andrea_smkns
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:44 PM

No you can look up anyone's criminal record for free. But you cant do a credit check or things like that without a signed consent.

Quoting jennifer16:

I would get an attorney.  You are going to need one anyway and have them help you with the background checks and getting proof that it would not be safe for your son to be there.

I think that it is illegal to run a background check on someone unless you have consent from them

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

nanaT2

Get an attorney

vangel34

I would just tell him no and wait it out.  The way it looks he has no grounds to sue for custody, no bedroom for your son, his wife has a criminal record and of course everyone in the residence will probably have to pass a drug test if you bring that up in court. 

Do you really think he'll shell out the money to take you to court?

Root213
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I sent you a private message

mfittshur
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Bump

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Sounds like the stereotypical dead beat dad. I've had my sons father threaten to go after custody so many times I lost count - I could go through the emails but that'd take all day lol. Everytime I'd just tell him "Ok, let me know how that goes." and I wouldn't hear from him for three months, then he'd e-mail me with the same thing, and so on and so forth.  The likelyhood of someone in his situation getting shared custody is SLIM to say the least. And like a previous post said, do you really think he'll shell out the money for this if he can't even afford an apartment for himself and his wife? Sounds like he's either full of it, or he has NO clue what this will cost him!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)