• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In a rut

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

Uggh what should I do with boneless skinless chicken breasts tonight?  I am in a cookin rut and that is what I have dethawing.  Thank you!

Leslie

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cici829
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I sometimes cook them in marinade or dressing. That way the flavor is getting cooked into it.

Root213
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:57 PM

stuffed chicken breasts! mmm... with stuffing, or mushrooms and cheese!

Lori2929
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:58 PM

chicken and rice

burch731
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Another mom posted this recipte the other day & it looks yummy ~ I'm going grocery shopping today to get all the ingredients to try it. 

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Anniversary-Chicken-I/Detail.aspx

BoxerMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Cook it and shred it and make chicken spaghetti or chicken burritos or tacos or taco soup.  Or mix a can of cream of mushroom with a small container of sour cream and then pour over the chicken breast.  Top that with stove top stuffing mixed with the recommended amount of water and bake at 350 for an hour.  My dh and kiddos love this and they don't like sour cream or stuffing!

ImLunaEnchanted
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
Salt and pepper
Oil
12 corn tortillas
2 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup sliced scallions
3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped

Directions:

1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heatl. Add the onion and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.

2. Add the garlic and cumin and saute for one minute longer. Stir in the flour until well combined and cook for 1 minutes.

3. Slowly stir in the broth. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.

4. Stir in the chile peppers, season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

5. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.

6. Place as many tortillas as will fit in a single layer on two baking sheets. Brush the tortillas lightly on both sides with oil.

7. Bake for 3 minutes to warm and soften the tortillas before rolling. Stack on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Repeat until all the tortillas are warmed.

8. Combine the chicken with 1/2 cup of the green chile sauce in a medium bowl.

9. Place 2 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture and 2 Tablespoons cheese across the center of each tortilla.

10. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the rolled enchiladas.

11. Pour the cream evenly over the entire mixture and top with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with scallions.

12. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped tomatoes and serve.

CarlaD
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I've seen this recipe a lot on another group I am in.  Might finally try it tonight.

Quoting burch731:

Another mom posted this recipte the other day & it looks yummy ~ I'm going grocery shopping today to get all the ingredients to try it. 

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Anniversary-Chicken-I/Detail.aspx

luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM

im not sure if you have the rest of these items...but i loooooooooooooove poppy seed chicken....it has ritz crackers in it (well on top of it), cream of chicken, sour cream, poppy seeds, and of course chicken breasts..if you want to know how to make it, let me know because it is delicious

Mommyto2g1b
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I love chicken breasts grilled on my George Foreman with Nature Season.  You could also make white bean chicken chili.  If you want the recipe, pm me and i will give it to you.

TraciH
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM

how about cutting it up and making stirfry? or you could make taco chicken fingers. just cut the chicken into chicken tender size strips, shake in a bag with a taco seasoning packet and a little cornmeal, then bake on a cookie sheet at 350 for about 20 minutes or so.

1509-TraciH-1.gif picture by music91194

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)