Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teens and acne

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

im raising my boys on my own and im a hygiene freak.

my 14 year old son showers daily as required but he isnt being as vigilant as id like with his face and hes been getting acne. i bought him face wash and zit cream and remind him to use it every day but i pretty much have to STAND OVER HIM before he will use it.

any suggestions? or am i gonna have to stand over him? this is not so easy, as i leave for work before hes out of bed :(

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaitlynsmom1230
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM

he's a boy, he's a teen, and he's 14....acne is bound to happen!

Marci81
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM
Do you think the only reason he gets acne is because he is dirty?
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM

i know, but i think it may be avoidable (at least SOME of it) if hed wash daily!

Quoting kaitlynsmom1230:

he's a boy, he's a teen, and he's 14....acne is bound to happen!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM

i know some is hormones, but some could be avoided *I* think.

Quoting Marci81:

Do you think the only reason he gets acne is because he is dirty?

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Even if he uses the products you bought him, he still might get acne. I am 29 years old and still have bad outbreaks of acne (usually when I am stressed) and nothing I use clear up the zits

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM

My DH does too.  But as long as he washes his face daily, he has less of an issue with it. When he neglects it, the acne tends to make a comeback.

Quoting emilysmom8:

Even if he uses the products you bought him, he still might get acne. I am 29 years old and still have bad outbreaks of acne (usually when I am stressed) and nothing I use clear up the zits

keri0930
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Casey have you thought about getting him ProActive? I had a spurt of acne when I was a teen and my dad ordered that for me and it really worked well...BUT he would have to keep up w/ it, like 3x's a day and he doens't sound like he would want to do that LOL

funny.gif Funny! image by SeanD_Jesus   funny_icons-1.jpg icons image by soiamshort

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:16 PM

yes, i know hes gonna get SOME acne. but me nor his father ever had acne. so i think some of it is not washing his face.

Quoting katzmeow726:

My DH does too.  But as long as he washes his face daily, he has less of an issue with it. When he neglects it, the acne tends to make a comeback.

Quoting emilysmom8:

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM

LOL I was agreeing with you.  I was saying that washing is a big part of preventing acne.

Quoting faerie75:

yes, i know hes gonna get SOME acne. but me nor his father ever had acne. so i think some of it is not washing his face.

Quoting katzmeow726:

Quoting emilysmom8:

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM

i know you were. i wasnt being defensive :)

Quoting katzmeow726:

LOL I was agreeing with you.  I was saying that washing is a big part of preventing acne.

Quoting faerie75:

Quoting katzmeow726:

Quoting emilysmom8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)