• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diet pills that really work???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM
  • 21 Replies

Anyone have any suggestions on diet pills that really do work, or give you a nice boost when you work out to help you loose that little bit of extra weight? I am not looking for an easy way out, I work out cardio wise on my Gazelle every other day and do yoga every day from anywhere of 30min to an hour. I also watch what I eat and don't over eat but I need an extra helper to get this extra 5 to 10 pounds off that likes to stick around no matter what. I really would like a diet pill that really does work. Thanks ladies.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miss_nevin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I hear alot about ali or whatever its called been thinking about trying it nee to lose the last 20 ponds.. :) not sure if it works.. slim mints work lost 40 ponds with them but cant find them anywhere.. even online.. if u can its a good healthy way to lose the weight

LEJOLIE
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:21 PM

i love phenetrim  but I'm out of them so I'm doing orlistatand def.seeing results.  phenrtrine gives many ppl that  energy your talking about. I haven't felt any difference energy wise w/orlistat.

ameliasmama1
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Alli! I used it last March and lost 27 pounds in 6 weeks! It is a wonder pill!

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I have been trying Hydroxycut, not a big difference so far. My sister was on NV before she got pregnant with her 3 y/o and i saw pics, she REALLY did get skinny! But i think not all pills work for all people. good luck

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Quoting ameliasmama1:

Seriously?? maybe i should try that one out. I heard mixed reviews, but maybe i'll try it myself.

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM

REally?

Did you have to exercise alot? how about changing you diet too much?

I just wondered how it worked since they say it can cause you to get the poops really bad. Does this mean you cant eat red meats and things?

Quoting ameliasmama1:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

jess311
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:27 PM

here is a bump cuz i'm curious too

miss_nevin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Been thinking about it too but i dont know they said you cant eat things with more the 15g of fat which i think for me is hard and i work so the side affects arent good if i get them but 27ponds in 6 weeks would be awesome...   mm anyone that has tried it mind telling alittle more on how it works??

Quoting Mamie_85:

Quoting ameliasmama1:

Seriously?? maybe i should try that one out. I heard mixed reviews, but maybe i'll try it myself.

ameliasmama1
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I actually did not exercise at all. Yes you have to change your diet. Your meals have to have less than 15 grams of fat. It sounded hard at first to do but it was VERY easy. You actually can eat alot on Alli. I did not stop eating red meat I just ate less. I NEVER had the poop problems. Here almost a year later I have NOT gained the weight back!

Quoting HeartofGold:

REally?

I just wondered how it worked since they say it can cause you to get the poops really bad. Does this mean you cant eat red meats and things?

Quoting ameliasmama1:

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Do they give you a meal list idea? I am afraid I might accidentally eat something that I didn't know had too much fat in it then suffer the consequences. LOL....

I really really want to try this. Afraid my df will get mad at me for spending so much. But then he does spend more then our car payment costs on his weight loss of choice (tae kwon do).

So you didnt need to take it long term then? I would hate to put out so much every month for too long.

Quoting ameliasmama1:

I actually did not exercise at all. Yes you have to change your diet. Your meals have to have less than 15 grams of fat. It sounded hard at first to do but it was VERY easy. You actually can eat alot on Alli. I did not stop eating red meat I just ate less. I NEVER had the poop problems. Here almost a year later I have NOT gained the weight back!

Quoting HeartofGold:

REally?

Quoting ameliasmama1:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)