• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a question and a vent ( may contain adult language) PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM
  • 4 Replies

okay somy question first: do you or anyone yo know have a boy and a girl who share the same room ( they have to be younger than teenagers)??? i know a chick who lives in texas ( she dated my brother and we are still friends) who up until now let her boy/girl share the same room but since her daughter ( she's the oldest) hit her teens, they moved into a 3-bedrrom apartment. personally i see nothing wrong with it as long as they don't touch much less lok at each others private areas.

i have yet another question: does a grandparent have a right to tell you how to raise your kids or what to doin your home??? i ask this because it also goes to the question i aske before this. my mil has it in her head that what she says goes when it comes to our kids and our home. she tells me this all the time and it pisses me off to no end and hubby has told her to shut up alot of times because she is sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. she told us since before we found out that our youngest was a girl that we needed to separate the bedroom so they can have their own room ( we live in a 2 bedroom, one bathroom trailer in a trailer park and yes we own our own trailer). if we have done that then there would be no room to play much less any room to stand in front of the closet to look at clothes so we told her that we was not going to do it. she gets mad everytime we tell her no and right now the kids are not playing or looking at each other's private areas ( they did once look at each other's areas but we told them that that was a no-no so they never did again). besides my son just turned 4 and my daughter will be 3 in may so they are still pretty young.

we could add another bedroom but where the trailers in the trailer park are so close together, we can't do that. we are saving up money to move into another trailer on a piece of land in the next few years and my mil is trying to make me think negative about it which pissesme off yet again. so yesterday when she called ( we have been moving things around in the trailer), she has yet again said that we needed to put up a wall in their room and said that we won't be moving in a few years ( she's mad because we won't be less than three minutes away like we are now) so i finally had it and told her to stop trying to run our lives and stop telling us how to raise our kids or what we need to do in our own home. she then tried to play the guilt card with me and it didn't work.

so please answer my questions if you can.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Brooke208
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I don't see a problem.  You have to do what you have to do, and your kids are so young.  If they were older, maybe.  Tell your MIL to mind her own business.

jenseney
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM

My daughter is 9 and my son is 7 and they have to share a room. We live with my parents while we are building a house.  I think a grandparent has a right to voice an opinion but YOU are the Mom and you decide what is best for you and your family. Good luck to you!

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:32 PM

1. We're in a 3 bedroom duplex and are expecting baby number 3 in August. My 5 year old boy and 2 year old girl will be sharing a bedroom in the next few months (to get them used to it before the baby gets here) and they're both super excited! DD asks every night when she can sleep in Bubba's room :-) 

2. Ahhhh the infamous MIL!  I swear, it's like the minute their son get's married they must abide by some guidelines: Manipulative, bossy, whiney.... It's so odd how they all turn out the same! It's not up to her how you raise your kids or where they sleep. The best thing I ever did was start to ignore my MIL and all her "tips". I will literally sit on the phone in complete silence until she just gives up.

3. Them being 4 and 3 they're curious. These are body parts that they don't have, of course they're going to be a little intrigued as to why he has one and she doesn't lol. Of course we don't let them touch eachother, and make sure to tell them that only Mommy and Daddy & MaMa and PaPa can touch them there to clean their private parts or put medicine on them (DD has chronic yeast infections & we still wipe her if she needs help after going potty - and DS is special needs so is still in diapers) mainly so they know that if a stranger touches them it's bad and they need to tell us.  Now it's not like they sit and STARE at eachother, but when they do start getting nosey I just say to them "Bubby's a boy and has a penis and Sissy's a girl and has a vagina" (I don't really do the cute little words, it's a body part just like an arm and a leg). IMO, it's not a big deal. Like I said, they're kids and kids especially that age just want to know what things they're unfamiliar with are.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM

The whole sharing a room in NJ they have to be seprated if they are boy and a girl by the age of 6 i think. Then CPS can step in and be jerk if they really wanted to. By that age they know about their bodys and what not. The whole MIL issue i'd tell her to shove it up butt. If my mom or MIL ever stepped over the line i'd make sure they step back over. There is no reason for her to butt in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)