Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SpongeBob?! WTF?!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM
  • 25 Replies

My 3 year old LOVES SpongeBob, and I usually don't mind. But he was just watching an episode, and I heard the words PANTY RAID...So I turn around and SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs are sneaking into a house. They open a drawer full of panties! And then it turns out to be Mr. Krabs mothers house. Is it just me, or is that a little much? Maybe I'm being slightly overprotective?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaitlynsmom1230
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM

that IS a little much for kiddos.

Mezmer

Have you seen the Sailor Mouth episode?  That one is the best...IMO.

~*~Amanda~*~

newagemom700

Thats a little strange, but these days there is all sorts of hidden adult humor and whatnot in cartoons.....

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I have seen worse in cartoons....I love watching spongebob with the kiddies.

MadsMom04

omg.... that one is ridiculous!!

Quoting Mezmer:

monkeysmom21006

Yeah, I've seen it. But at least they used sounds, you know? That one actually makes me laugh. I thought the episode was a little over the top. It wasn't "hidden" adult humor.  A panty raid? Seriously. Haha, speaking of the Sailor Mouth episode. It just came on!

Quoting Mezmer:

coffeeluvnmom3

I love  that one..lol

Quoting Mezmer:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Awhh my sonnnnnnn loves Spongebob!  Ofcourse he's only 2 and really does not understand what he is talking about.. Now he really likes the WIGGLES!  I'm all for Spongebob over the wiggles  throwing up

Tea4Tas
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Quoting newagemom700:

Thats a little strange, but these days there is all sorts of hidden adult humor and whatnot in cartoons.....

It's not just these days it was around when I was a kid too. Look back at some old episodes of "kid's shows" like Batman, you can see what I mean!

WhiteTigerLily
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:34 PM

*lol* Yeah I know exactly what episode you are talking about. Mr. Krabs is feeling old so they try to make him feel young again. I think it's no big deal At my son's age he doesn't understand what a "panty raid" is. He just knows he likes spongebob. When he is old enough, he will be told that it isn't nice to do, but some college kids do when they are in Sororities, and such. Even that isn't a big deal........... but I can understand why you would be somewhat concerned. We are decorating my son's new bedroom in spongebob..... so yeah, there is some weird stuff they say but not really a big deal imo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)