Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is annoyinhg about your mother in law?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM
  • 80 Replies

name only one thing annoying about your mother in law?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:35 PM

I dunno.  I've only met her a couple of times.  She lived in Alaska when DH and I first met and now she lives in Maine with his grandparents. 

~*~Amanda~*~

MadsMom04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:35 PM

lmao!! what is'nt annoying about my MIL??? My biggest problem with her is she is an alcholic and really does'nt give  a shit about her grandkids.,,...

Myroslava
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Well, she is a good MIL, but of course, there are things that i find annoying about her, and one of them is-she is TOO NOSEY!

mami2five
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:42 PM
Umm..only one??? No, I love her I do. BUT, I would have to say the most annoying thing is when she drops by *unannounced* and every time she comes she always brings about 5-10 other people with her and my FIL. Then she cooks about 4 or 5 large dishes for everyone to eat, and stays a few hours (usually until 9 or 10pm) and then leaves the house for me to clean back up by myself. It's a bit irritating! It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't always have to bring so many other people with them. Dh's cousins, their kids, their kid's kids, etc. Most of the time it's people we have hardly ever met. And we have five kids, so we end up with about 15+ people here sometimes. Last time it happened I told her I had a migraine, and she STILL showed up, brought 4 kids with her, and said they'd only stay a little while. She cooked a VERY large meal, and they didn't leave until after 10pm that night. They stayed for almost 6 hours!!! And of course left everything for me to clean with my migraine. :) Okay..done venting. Thanks for letting me get that out!!!!!
Kell913
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I can't really think of anything. Umm I guess that she works overseas alot

nonna
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:43 PM

The biggest thing?  She has always picked her husband over her children and therefore isn't in the lives of any of us.  4 children and when my son is born in a couple of weeks, that'll make 13 grandchildren. 

Krystiana ~ Loving wifey to Nick, Momma to Juliana,
Stepmomma to Lillyana,
and growing a boy. EDD-2/20/09

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:45 PM

The fact that she is a hypochondriac.

Juggalette Mommy

Mrs.Grasshopper
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Also, she exaggerates A  LOT!!!

Quoting Myroslava:

Well, she is a good MIL, but of course, there are things that i find annoying about her, and one of them is-she is TOO NOSEY!

bec94
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:49 PM

That she's not here. (she past away just before I found out I was pregnant)

LillysMommy0116
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:49 PM

one thing? How about one word?

EVERYTHING

I am a SINGLE mommy of two babies.  Lilly is 2 and Tucker is 4 months.  They are my life, my world, my everything.  I am not with the kids' dad, and if you knew what he put me through, you would understand why.  If you think you can judge me, just know I am better than you.  My haters are my motivators. I have overcome relationship abuse.  I don't take crap from ANYONE.  I live at home with my mom.  Co Sleep with my babies.  I spank.  I drink every so often.  I don't smoke-eww. I am addicted to pepsi and target.  My kids wear secondhand clothes, and I am okay with that.  If you have a problem, talk to me about me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)