Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby #2??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is 3 1/2 months old.  I always thought I wanted 2 kids, but now I'm not so sure.  I LOVE being a mom!  But I can't imagine taking care of Patrick all day when he is say 2 or 3 and a brand new baby.  We, like lots of people have also had a terrible financial year, so I think that might have alot to do it with it... I definitely don't want to plan another baby until we are in a better position.  How did you ladies decide to have a second baby, and how old was your first when you were ready?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kbumx4
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Your baby is way to little to make that decision.  Most moms are overwhelmed with the amount of work that goes into taking care of a little one.  As he gets older and more independant you will want another one.  We got PG with #2 when our first was 3.  By the time he arrived our daughter was 4 and the biggest helper in the world.

vangel34
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I've been ready since dd turned one, she's 2 1/2 now and we're still ttc.  I think it would be easier now because she can help mommy by going to get a diaper, wipes, etc., when dh's at work and I have no help.

I guess for us we really didn't plan it by money, age, etc., just by that yearning you get when you see another baby.  And I really do miss being pregnant.

rowansmum
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM

we didn't decide lol.  We weren't actively preventing it tho.  Using the pull out method so we kinda knew it would happen eventually but we wanted it to be a suprise.  Rowan was born Nov 23/07 and this one will be born around June 26/09 so 19 months apart.  We knew we wanted them close together,  maybe not that close but it'll be great! 

pregnancy
Kays_Mama06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Financial stability is a BIG factor in my decision to wait. School is right behind it too. When Im closer to finishing my BS degree, then we'll try. By then, my son will be 4 possibly turning 5 and will be in school.. I was never wanting to have my children close together because I don't think I could handle clingyness coming from 2 babies at once.. I want my son to be a little more independent before we have another one.

taramac
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:45 PM

We just decided to have a second baby in November and in December I found out I was pregnant.  Our son is two years old and growing more independent by the day and he is also a big helper around the house so that really helped with our decision.  We are in a pretty stable place as far as my husband's job and our financially situation (but that wasn't that main reason for our decision).  We just really felt like it was the right time to add to our family.  I think you shouldn't definitely wait until you are absolutely positive you want another child.  Your baby is so young and I think when my son was that young I didn't want to think about baby #2 yet either!

pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)