• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 1/2 and doesn't want to get rid of those diapers! PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, my DD is 2 1/2 and really has no interest to potty-train. She will sit on her little potty but it is more of just a chair for her to sit on. I have noticed that she will tell me after she has gone potty in her diaper but I don't think she is connecting that feeling you get before you go to the fact that she has to go! I would really love to have her out of diapers by the time baby #2 gets here in Aug. Any suggestions? What worked for you?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

babies

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Texasgal99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I'm keeping an eye on this one bc my 2 1/2 yr old DS tells me he wants to wear diapers. He's gone a couple times in the potty, but doesn't care if he's wet or dirty. We have #2 coming in April and I too would like to have 1 out of diapers.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I'm the absolute worst at potty training. But there are a couple of things that you can't make a kid do...Eat their food and go pee pee in the potty.  :)  Just keep doing what you are doing.  She will let you know when she is ready.  It's good that you are getting her familiar with the chair so she is comfortable with it.  My oldest twin is actually backwards, she started to poo poo on the potty before pee pee.  Good luck.

~*~Amanda~*~

lovinmommiehood
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:09 PM

My DS is 2 1/2 also, and he is out of diapers. He never has accidents with #1...but he does poop in his pants...we are working on it, lol. And getting there I think.

I used a system called "Potty training in one day"...I know, sounds too good to be true, but my sister swore by it with her two, it is endorsed by Dr. Phil, and I read all the parent reviews, which were all good. The system is kinda expensive, but it is a really good quick way to potty train, especially for those of you who have babies on the way. Apparently having problems going #2 is rare for kids who go through the program.

I won't write all about it here if noone is interested, but if you are, let me know, I will check the post later. Good luck!

mommy062706
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I am totally intrested!! :) At this point I will try anything! I don't want to push her becasue that will just make it harder but I would like a place to really start. I forgot to put in my original post that her babysitter is getting a set of newborn twins in a month and I am worried that she won't have the time to help with this so I would like to do this at home as much as possiable (she is only at the babysitter 2 days a week for a couple hours).

Quoting lovinmommiehood:

My DS is 2 1/2 also, and he is out of diapers. He never has accidents with #1...but he does poop in his pants...we are working on it, lol. And getting there I think.

I used a system called "Potty training in one day"...I know, sounds too good to be true, but my sister swore by it with her two, it is endorsed by Dr. Phil, and I read all the parent reviews, which were all good. The system is kinda expensive, but it is a really good quick way to potty train, especially for those of you who have babies on the way. Apparently having problems going #2 is rare for kids who go through the program.

I won't write all about it here if noone is interested, but if you are, let me know, I will check the post later. Good luck!

babies

lovinmommiehood
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:30 PM

ok...the website for little girls

www.pottypatty.com

for little boys...

www.pottyscotty.com

You need at least a weekend to be at home with your child...3 or 4 days is even better. We started on a Saturday morning and Hunter was accident free by Sunday night.  Go through the website, and if you have questions, let me know. GL!

mommy062706
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Thank you so much! I am going to try it!

Quoting lovinmommiehood:

ok...the website for little girls

www.pottypatty.com

for little boys...

www.pottyscotty.com

You need at least a weekend to be at home with your child...3 or 4 days is even better. We started on a Saturday morning and Hunter was accident free by Sunday night.  Go through the website, and if you have questions, let me know. GL!

babies

Mommy2_two
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 7:46 PM

My 2 1/2 year old started taking her own diaper off before she turned 2. So I would just put her in panties and take her to the potty every 20 minutes and give her lots to drink. She was so happy to get her potty. It plays music when she goes and now we are totally potty trained and the only time she will wear a pull-up is if she can't potty before bed.

I would just get her big girl panties (let her pick some out). Make a potty chart with some special stickers and she can put them on the chart when she uses the potty. Tell her what a BIG GIRL she is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)