• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seriously.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

I posted this as a journal, but I really need the advice, or reassurance, I guess, if anyone has any.

I'm pregnant.  It's not that I'm not happy...we just weren't trying, not even close.  I'm just so, shocked, afraid, freaking out..I don't know what to do.  I know everything happens for a reason and that God would never give us more than we're able to handle, but why now?  I know I shouldn't question, and I'm sorry for that, I just don't know what to do.  I've just this week finally started eating healthy, losing weight, (10 lbs this week) I might add, and now I'm going to just gain more.  I'm scared of that, scared of being so overweight already.  I was ready to do this, I could have. 

Clint graduates in 3 months with 2 degrees...that's a relief.  But where will he find a job?  How long will it take?  The scariest part is that we're in limbo and it's nerve-wrecking. 

I also feel bad for Grace.  Not that she won't love having a sibling closer to her age, eventually, but she's still my baby...I still hold her to put her to sleep for her naps and her bedtime, and I like doing it.  I'm so overwhelmed already about getting so busy with a new baby and her feeling like she's been pushed to the way side...I DO NOT want that to happen.  She's my sweet girl...I can't imagine loving another child as much as I love her, although I know I will.  I'm just nervous.

Anyone who has some encouragment, or good advice, I'm all ears. :)

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Mom's have this magic of making things work! You can do it!

vangel34
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Are you saying that your pregnant and scared?  I didn't see on your post what is changing in your life, I assume you mean that your pregnant.

You'll be surprised how easy things will work out.  Just take good care of yourself, take it one day at a time, you'll get through.

jencalkins
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Yes, I am pregnant, I'm sorry.  I got so worked up I forgot to say why.

I know things will be okay.  I have no doubt.  I guess I just wanted to hear from other moms who have 2 or more kids and do it everyday.  I don't doubt it won't be hard...I'm just nervous.  We had planned to wait until Grace was closer to 3...now she'll just barely be 2.

Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:12 PM

I think you have the same concerns as every other mother.  I felt the same way when I got pregnant right after my son turned a year old.  I really started freaking out when I found out I was having twins.  But trust me when I say that your daughter won't be pushed aside and she won't feel unloved.  She will love having a new baby brother or sister.  I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant now.  Don't let these things bother you.  I'm sure your just worried about the huge change but trust me, it all works out.  You will be able to keep your life pretty much the same, the only difference is...you will have another baby to love.  And it is possible to love two even though sometimes you think it may not be possible.  I love all three of my kids (and even the one that hasn't been born yet) and couldn't imagine one without the other.  Good luck and congrats!!!

~*~Amanda~*~

jencalkins
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Thank you.  It really means a lot. :)

Quoting Mezmer:

I think you have the same concerns as every other mother.  I felt the same way when I got pregnant right after my son turned a year old.  I really started freaking out when I found out I was having twins.  But trust me when I say that your daughter won't be pushed aside and she won't feel unloved.  She will love having a new baby brother or sister.  I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant now.  Don't let these things bother you.  I'm sure your just worried about the huge change but trust me, it all works out.  You will be able to keep your life pretty much the same, the only difference is...you will have another baby to love.  And it is possible to love two even though sometimes you think it may not be possible.  I love all three of my kids (and even the one that hasn't been born yet) and couldn't imagine one without the other.  Good luck and congrats!!!

mechi2105
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM

It can be overwhelming at times but if you can do it with one, then that should serve you as practice to the second one. Don't worry your daughter will love being a big sister just as long as you involve her in every step of the way You'll do just great. You'll see =D

izayascott06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:19 PM

that is exactly how it was with me when i first found out i was prego with my 2nd. We were not trying i was so worried about my weight cuz i gain 70 with my first and i still havent lost it. I was really upset in fact i hated my whole pregnancy and i didnt think i could possible love my sewcond nearly as much as my first. but after i had him and i seen him for the first time i completely feel in love and although i would never go though my pregnancy with him again i am glad that i did. I am very happy to say i love him just as much as my first. also i was so worried about my 1st feeling left out but that is not the case at all. i find the time to still play and cuddle with him. He also loves his baby to death. he tells him not to cry and he holds him to try and help him feel better. So i would try to not worry as much. It also still feels pretty much like i still have 1 kid becuz he doesnt do anything. Its not as overwhelming as i thought. The whole job thing we r still going though that but its starting to look better. So im sureit will all work out for u.  congrats btw

badd_kitten
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Take it from me, everything is going to be GREAT. I didn't even really have a chance to know my baby girl when I found out I was pregnant again. They are 10 months and 3 weeks apart. It was a hard adjustment in the beginning but I love my son just as much as I love my daughter and they have this unbeilevable love for each other. I can't imagine not having had them but because my fiance and I moved in with my mom just before my daughter was born and when I got pregnant again, we were really scared about how we were going to afford it and even though we were excited it didn't necessarily seem like the best timing for one baby let alone two. Once I got both of them on the same schedule it turned from choas to cake. Like I said I cannot imagine not having them, either one of them, it just wouldn't feel right to not have the set you know. It is an amazing thing to get to play, interact, love, cuddle and be with your kid and but to get to do it for two and to watch them show that love to each other is just undescribable...you'll love it and everything will be great. As far as the move and job, everything will fall into place, we moved out of state and out of my mom's house when I was 8 months pregnant carrying a 10 month old on my hip so that my fiance could get a job that we live on...If I can do it anyone can do it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)