Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething worries........

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

My baby is almost 9.5 months old and has not a single tooth, not even any bumps. Is this normal? I thought they started at around 6 months?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyRuby2008
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM

It really depends on the child. Some get them as early as 4 months and some are over the age of one. it is perfectly normal so don't worry. My son is 6 months and he is about to cut 2 teeth but I have a friend and her baby was 1 years old before she started getting any teeth.

Are you a new mom? Or are you about to be? Do you have questions or need support?

Maybe you want to give advice or compare stories or share photos?

Then Join us at First Time Mommas!

Tae
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM

No, I don't think that is unusual....My son started teething at 2 months. He had 4 teeth by 4 months, and all his teeth including the 1 yr molars by 9 months. His dentist  says he has the teeth of an 11 yr old! But he was REALLY early. I have a friend whos little girl didn't get her first tooth until she was almost 11 months old. If you are worried, talk to your dentist and see what he thinks

Mommyto3As
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM

My DD didn't get her first tooth until 10 mos. and her second a week later. She only has two but I am not concerned. They say the longer it takes the healthier their teeth will be.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:06 AM

wave

Hi
hannies_momma,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)