• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nannies with own kid/s. Quick question. poll added!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: babysitting in my home with my own baby. How much should I charge?

Options:

$10

$8

$5

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

Hi!

I'm a stay at home mom of one 15 month old boy. I'd like to babysit here at home with my baby.

how much do you think I should change??

I live in Michigan, the average nanny charges $10 an hour.

Thanks!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyLucasMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I think I'll say $10.

gypsy_rose
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:29 PM

OK first off a nanny does NOT watch a child in the home of the care taker a Nanny is one that takes care of a child in the childs home. You would be a day care provider. the avrage person can barly afford 5 an hour. Up here people get 2.50 to 3.50 an hour.

BrodysMommy251
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM

If they can afford it $10. I'm watching for friends, for now, and am charging $7, b/c theyre friends..

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I paid my day care provider like 3$ an hour in Michigan. I know in MIchigan, when you get state funded daycare, they only pay the providers 1.90 an hour.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

gypsy_rose
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:52 PM

bump 4 u

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Just a word of advice.. I wanted to babysit some other kids in my home along with my then 15 months old daughter. Most people did not want me to watch their kids while my kid was around and one lady even offered more money to send my own child to daycare while i watched hers..

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I guess it would depend. It also depends on how long you're going to take care of the child. I was paid less than 3 dollars an hour for full time child care and I was paid 125 a week.  For baby sitting I guess it'd be different. I would say maybe 5-10 an hour wouldn't be bad if you're going to babysit for maybe 1-3 hours.

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Quoting Ziggy.Stardust:

Just a word of advice.. I wanted to babysit some other kids in my home along with my then 15 months old daughter. Most people did not want me to watch their kids while my kid was around and one lady even offered more money to send my own child to daycare while i watched hers..

not everyone is like that I never had anyone tell me that or i wouldn't have accepted them.

Basically you're asking what a  babysitter charges because you're not going to be taking care of them like a nanny does at the person's home. You can get on care.com and there are people that average from 5-15 an hour

mysteriousmom06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM

To me all your options are too high. You really wouldn't be a nanny just a daycare provider. My friend is a nanny and I'm an at home daycare provider and there is a big difference in our jobs.

If your wanting to do daycare at your home I would do $3 or $20 a day for all day care. That's what is normal in my area.

dannysgirl77
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM

YUP!

I make about 3.33 a child at my childcare. If you go into their home the going rate is about 10-15 an hour.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

OK first off a nanny does NOT watch a child in the home of the care taker a Nanny is one that takes care of a child in the childs home. You would be a day care provider. the avrage person can barly afford 5 an hour. Up here people get 2.50 to 3.50 an hour.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)