Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a specific reason????

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am hearing of alot of  people getting back almost $10k in taxes this year!!!! Is there a specific reason b/c we're only getting back $5700???? Just curious!!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alliesmommy07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM

be blessed we are only getting back 170 in taxes cause my hubby didnt work much and unemployment dont count and where we live there just arent any jobs that r hiring

izayascott06

only 5700. wow i thought i was getting alot and im only getting 4900. I have never heard of someone getting that much. thats crazy, i have no idea but i would sure love to be in that family.lol

HopeMamma

Well it depends on how you file we file single zero and they take out a bunch of taxes each pay check and we own a rental property plus the house we live in. So we usually get back about 14,000-18,000 we have a great tax guy and he knows what to claim and what not he is great but comes at a costly price of 385.00. Last year we got back 25,000 but only because we got a huge bonus and they took about half of the bonus in taxes. To bad it all went to bills and new house. It is now always good because my hubby knows about what he will get back and he spends it before it even comes. So it usually always goes back to the credit cards. Oh well!

sassired8
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Quoting izayascott06:

only 5700. wow i thought i was getting alot and im only getting 4900. I have never heard of someone getting that much. thats crazy, i have no idea but i would sure love to be in that family.lol

hahaha yeah me too!!! I just have been hearing of quite a bit of ppl on here getting back that much and I was just wondering if I was getting screwed somehow!!! :D

lindseywhitaker
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM

We always get a hefty sum too, but it's because of the amount of money hubby makes vs. the number of kids we have each year.  There are sooo many things you can do to lower your "income".  If you go to a proffessional they can usually find all sorts of deductions and write offs, etc.  I'm anxious to see how much we get back this year b/c we had another baby! 

lindseywhitaker
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM

It also has to do w/how much money you have held out of your check every payday.  If you loan the gov your  money interest free in large chunks every week, then you will get a larger refund at the end of the year too! :)

sassired8

Quoting lindseywhitaker:

We always get a hefty sum too, but it's because of the amount of money hubby makes vs. the number of kids we have each year.  There are sooo many things you can do to lower your "income".  If you go to a proffessional they can usually find all sorts of deductions and write offs, etc.  I'm anxious to see how much we get back this year b/c we had another baby! 

I went to H&R Block...I thought I had "people" but now with all this I'm thinkin otherwise!!! :D

RmeWifey01

$5700 is even alot considering some of us are getting back maybe $2000, when we paid in around $10,000. Some ppl got all the luck! Congrats though. you rock

sassired8
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Quoting lindseywhitaker:

It also has to do w/how much money you have held out of your check every payday.  If you loan the gov your  money interest free in large chunks every week, then you will get a larger refund at the end of the year too! :)

All I know is dh claims 0 all year and then 3 tax time!!!

sassired8
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Quoting RmeWifey01:

$5700 is even alot considering some of us are getting back maybe $2000, when we paid in around $10,000. Some ppl got all the luck! Congrats though. you rock

Oh I'm not complaining.....It got us enough to get outta debt with the EVIL credit cards so we can cut them up!!!!! I was just wondering if I got the blunt end of the stick....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)