Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO you think your a better person because you gave birth naturally?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM
  • 92 Replies

I have to say that i hate when ppl say this to me.

I do not think im better person or mother. I talk about it because im happy with my birth experience, im not bragging, nor am i gonna put down someone who didn't do it naturally, nor am i gonna say that everyone can and should do it naturally.

I informed myself on a decision that i felt was best my my child and my self, im not saying anyone who doesn't go natural isn't informed, some ppl just make different chioces and i respect those choices.

If i do share my experiences with other, its because ppl have shared thier experiences with me and i was happy to learn about things like natural and home or unassisted births and hope that ppl can learn something from me.

SO NO, I DO NOT THINK I AM BETTER THAN YOU

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckyMommie
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I've had three kids, the first one was born emergency c-section, I was out cold for his birth.  The second one was natural with an epidural, and the third one came so fast I didn't have time for any sort of pain killers.  I am just glad they're all here, doesn't matter to me how someone gets through labor and delivery, everyone has to do it their own way.

KittyD
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:28 PM

i think im better than all of yall!!!!!! lmao jk :p

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

linzybindi
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:29 PM

NO WAY! I so do not think I am a better person. My sister had both of her girls c-section because she has a lip on her cervix so she was unable to deliver vaginally. However, her stupid doctor didn't realize this and she was in labor with the first one actually trying to push for almost an entire day before he figured they should do a c-section. My niece looked so horrible because she had been in the birth canal way too long. She was bruised and her eyes were all red. There is no way I cannot say that my sister is any less of a woman than me after that for sure. And even with the second baby, just because she had a c-section it doesn't mean she didn't have pain and healing to do. Even more so because she couldn't lift my niece for almost a month because of her stitches. I am scared to death of a c-section so those that have had one...more power to you!

Bennett Harris 10/16/07

ConnorsMommy521
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Quoting KittyD:

i think im better than all of yall!!!!!! lmao jk :p

Damn, I was gonna say that-I guess you are better than me....well faster anyho!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
katzmeow726
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:30 PM

It shouldn't matter how they got here, as long as they ARE here!  If anyone tells me I'm less of a mom because I"m going to have an epidural (with twins I SURE as hell will have one) then they can take their insults and shove them where the sun don't shine.  I will love my children, take care of them, and keep them healthy and happy...I though that is what made a mother, not how she gave birth.

LEJOLIE

not at all

cdnmom24

I think anyone who can bring a baby into the world, doesn't matter if it was c-section or vaginal, they are pretty damn great in my books.

momto3infl

I dont feel I am a better person.  I did one birth naturally, one was started natural ended up with er c-section and last with schedule c-section.  I am just proud all three of my babies were born healthy.

aarkat
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM

no. i just feel very lucky to have had the opportunity.

my births were natural (at home).  going through the process gave me so much confidence and empowerment.  i learned that i had many rights and choices of the way things could be done in the birthing process.  i like to share my experience and inform other people that they too have the right to having the best birth possible (which is different for everyone).  i like to help other mamas know that they are in charge of their pregnancies and births. 

sassired8
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM

you mean just vaginally or vaginally without meds????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)