Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I tell him this is what I want to do and this is what I get back

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

I told my df I want to start taking alli (weight loss pills) and yet again I don't get his support.

He says he is not a fan of weight loss pills and that he will go for 1 mile walks with me everyday instead.

Then he proceeds to give me links to two sites that are against alli but nothing for alli.

Why cannot he JUST ONCE support me in what I want to do?

Why does it always have to be about him and what he thinks and wants?

I am so sick of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TraciH
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:35 PM

maybe he is honestly just worried about you having effects for alli.  the fact that he offers to walk with you is a plus. men don't think like we do. they offer support in ways that we don't usually understand, but it's support nonetheless.

1509-TraciH-1.gif picture by music91194

KittyD
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:36 PM

http://www.ceahow.org/

like weight watchers...but free

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM

He only said how HE believes in a different way of loosing weight. Nothing about how it would affect me.

His email back to me was all about him and how he feels and believes. That is all and great. I will go for walks with him but I still want to take the Alli pills.

He is always doing this. Everytime I tell him I want to do something He goes searching for all the negatives and then proceeds to tell me how he is so against it. No matter what it is.

I am so sick of it I don't even trust his opinions anymore. I just want to do what I think will work for me. JUST ONCE.

Quoting TraciH:

maybe he is honestly just worried about you having effects for alli.  the fact that he offers to walk with you is a plus. men don't think like we do. they offer support in ways that we don't usually understand, but it's support nonetheless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

monkeysmom21006
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I can understand how you feel, but I think in this case he is just really looking out for your health. I'm not a big fan of weight loss pills either, especially if they aren't through a doctor. I think it's great that he said he'll walk with you. Sounds to me like he's showing his support in a different way.

monkeysmom21006
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Maybe you should look into seeing a doctor about weight loss. That way, she/he can prescribe something and watch how you are doing on them.

Quoting HeartofGold:

He only said how HE believes in a different way of loosing weight. Nothing about how it would affect me.

His email back to me was all about him and how he feels and believes. That is all and great. I will go for walks with him but I still want to take the Alli pills.

He is always doing this. Everytime I tell him I want to do something He goes searching for all the negatives and then proceeds to tell me how he is so against it. No matter what it is.

I am so sick of it I don't even trust his opinions anymore. I just want to do what I think will work for me. JUST ONCE.

Quoting TraciH:

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I think he is afraid I will loose more weight then he has and faster. LOL...

He has been going to tae kwon do for 1 1/2 years and has only lost 10 lbs. so for $450 a month for a grand total of $8100 so far he has only lost 10 lbs. 

I can go for walks and eat healthier and loose weight faster taking this diet pill. I guarantee you I would loose more then 10 lbs in a 18 month time period.

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

NewMom304
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Walking is a healthier option.  But, yes it is frustrating to be negated constantly.

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I don't have insurance :(.

Quoting monkeysmom21006:

Maybe you should look into seeing a doctor about weight loss. That way, she/he can prescribe something and watch how you are doing on them.

Quoting HeartofGold:

Quoting TraciH:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

monkeysmom21006
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Ah...Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. I'd do as much research as humanly possible on any pill you are considering taking. I still suggest other options before you resort to diet pills. Weight Watchers really does work wonders. Maybe get a gym membership or take your husband up on the offer to walk with you. Or you could find some type of exercise class you would like to do (I'm going to try pole dancing). I do completely understand where you're coming from when you say you're tired of being unsupported. My DF does the same thing. He goes "When are you going on your diet??" But then turns around and tells me I never stick to anything. And he doesn't help. He goes on eating whatever he wants.

Quoting HeartofGold:

I don't have insurance :(.

Quoting monkeysmom21006:

Quoting HeartofGold:

Quoting TraciH:

izayascott06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM

my hubby is kinda the same way. i would tell him that he doesnt have to be a fan cuz its not for him and i wasnt asking him i was just being nice that letting him no what i was going to do. but i am a very stubborn person so when i set my mind to something i get it. its different with my hubby though becuz he is extremely skinny and has never had a weight problem in his life. so he doesnt no how badly i feel about it and that i will do pretty much anything to get it off. but my hubby also looksa for the bad in everything and i just say thats nice. ppl always have good and bad things to say about everything so i go off of what i think is best for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)