Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking YOUNG (under 13 ) to R movies

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

I went with my mom and sister Friday to see the midnight showing of My Bloody Valentine 3D and about 10 minutes into it these teenagers come in and sit in front of us one row down,  they REEKED of alcohol and they were LOUD . We couldn't tell at first but when a gory part came up we heard a little cry it came from what we think looked like a 4-6 year old little girl !

OMG I can't believe they would sneak a little girl in the theater! It's one thing them being in the theater drunk but bring a little kid to a rated R movie ! TERRIBLE ! That poor little girl probably had nightmares!

The movie was AWESOME BTW Jensen Ackles was HOT in it ! I hope thier is a sequel !

Proud Mama to SuperShaylee and 3 angels (5 weeks Biscuit  3/06 , ButterBean 12 weeks 3/08,8 weeks Baby M 11/08)

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsBowen333
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Wow! well thats crazy.. I wouldnt sneak my daughter into a movie like that unless I have seen it already. She loves scary movies, but I have to make sure there are no sex scenes. She is ok with blood and gore.. but the rest of that stuff nah she doesnt need to see it. My daughter will be 6 in march.. when she was four she sat down and watched most of the hills have eyes with my sister and I. Grandma even tried bribing her away from the movie.. but she wasnt having it. Never had nightmares about it either.

Her favorite tv show to watch with me is Ghost hunters.. she gets SO excited when it comes on.

momto3infl
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Some people just dont think or care.  And with some others their kids dont act this way and like scary movies.  My kids in our own home have seen a couple of R rated movies, but mostly pg-13, and they are only 4, 7 and 10.

myboy28
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM

jaw dropThat is so absurd of them...Can't believe that the personel that work at the theater did not catch that...

baby1love
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I can totally see that if they are okay with scary stuff ! I myself LOVED the Terminater at age 6 !  I was just shocked because the little girl was crying through it like she was scared !

Quoting momto3infl:

Some people just dont think or care.  And with some others their kids dont act this way and like scary movies.  My kids in our own home have seen a couple of R rated movies, but mostly pg-13, and they are only 4, 7 and 10.

Proud Mama to SuperShaylee and 3 angels (5 weeks Biscuit  3/06 , ButterBean 12 weeks 3/08,8 weeks Baby M 11/08)

angelwings63050
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:12 PM

ignorance! Reminds me of some one I know!

baby1love
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM

At the midnight showing they only have 3 people working 1 as cashier , 1 at consessions , and 1 to clean the theaters. They are also just teenagers so they most likely don't care ! Hell I snuck in my own pop and candy and it says they check but they NEVER do!

Quoting myboy28:

jaw dropThat is so absurd of them...Can't believe that the personel that work at the theater did not catch that...

vbongard
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I am a huge believer in minding my own business unless someone is being hurt, but that is rediculous.  I would so have turned them in.

angelofmusic
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM

i personally think they have those ratings for a reason, so i wont be alloweing my kids to watch those kinds of movies (but then again, we dont watch scary movies much because i dont like them)

but if those "teens" were over 18 and one of them was her guardian or whatever, then they wouldnt have to sneak her in, as long as you are with an adult, it doesnt matter how old you are, you can get a ticket for an r movie. atleast i think.

anyhow. poor kid, but some parents are ok with their kids seeing stuff like that. and that is their choice. atleast they didnt leave the kid in the car by herself for the whole movie, or worse.

1sttimemommy198
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:26 PM

You know I saw rated r movies when I was really young, I was a huge fan of Freddy and jason, but I had nightmares and sometimes still do, I would never do that to a child...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)