• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aldis v. Walmart

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM
  • 19 Replies

I need to go shopping and I'm trying to decide:

Aldis or Walmart?

I'm almost out of all of our veggies, "cream of" soups, and other canned goods.

Does anyone know if it's really worth the difference in price?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strawgirl
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I shop mostly aldis I only get a few things at walmart any more

KellyOh72
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I think Aldi might be cheaper.

1sttimemommy198
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM

We don't shop at Aldis for a couple reasons, one being that there are none around here and the other being that my MIL slipped and fell on a whole banana that was on the floor and she has permanent nerve damage in her back, leg and face, and she has to take all kinds of pills to be able to even walk or function....she was in a wheelchair until about 3 years ago...

MomShawn70
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I do most of my shopping at Aldi's.  I seriously can't stand Wal-Mart.

The cream soups are usually around 2 for a dollar.  I just bought milk there for 1.49 a gallon, because it was 5 days away from the expiration.  I bought a dozen of them and stuck them in the freezer  :)  Their vegetables are always cheaper too.

In my life I have discovered you can learn about someone completely, if you just take the time to inject them with a little sodium pentathol.

jamesjordansmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:17 PM

can't beat aldi's on canned stuff and milk and sometimes bread. I only go to wally when I need shampoo and personal items.Igo to a meat market for my meat almost exclusvely although I have bought some meat at aldis and it was good meat.

baly2001
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:18 PM

What the heck is Aldis? We only have Walmart, HEB, & IGA here.

small_wonder
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM

WOW that's awful sorry to hear that but it could of happened at any store or even at home. Aldi's is a decent store to shop at for canned goods n veggies

Quoting 1sttimemommy198:

We don't shop at Aldis for a couple reasons, one being that there are none around here and the other being that my MIL slipped and fell on a whole banana that was on the floor and she has permanent nerve damage in her back, leg and face, and she has to take all kinds of pills to be able to even walk or function....she was in a wheelchair until about 3 years ago...

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM

dont know what Aldis is sorry.

mommyofblueyes
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM

It is like a discount German grocery store.  They are everywhere (almost), lol.

Quoting baly2001:

What the heck is Aldis? We only have Walmart, HEB, & IGA here.

misspixie67
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM

ALDI"S  ROCKS!!  I did my shopping there yesterday, I only go to walmart for personal items and animal food. Theres an Aldis group here on cafe mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)