Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

My SO was dating a girl for about 2 years prior to meeting me. They had been broken up for about 6 months when we met. I kinda knew he still had feelings for her b/c he would talk about her sometimes. Anyways we have been together for about 3 years now and he recently sent her this message. What do you think? Should I just let it go or should I be upset about it?

happy hoiladays this is the last time y will ever hear from me again so i just wanted to tell y that and i hope y are having a good life because of the bad times we had but sometimes i set back and think of all the good times thats why y stay close to my heart if y dont mind i still would like for us to be friends bye forever and ever

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SerenityRose
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM

anyone??

KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:44 PM

idk to me it sounds like he's being kind of childish and trying to provoke something.

Daisypath Vacation Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Brooke501
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:48 PM

exactly what I was thinking. One second he is saying bye forever and the next he is saying that he wants to be friends forever. Sounds like a tool.

Quoting KelseyNovy87:

idk to me it sounds like he's being kind of childish and trying to provoke something.

two4one
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM

He is being very contradictory. One monet he is saying goodbye forever, and the next saying he wants to remain friends. What's up with that? How did you get the message anyway?

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

jennie300
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM

that would piss me off,why is he even talking to her?

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Here's what I would think if it was me: Maybe they remained in contact and he hadn't heard from her in awhile and was trying to get a reaction. Immature. He must still have feelings for her because this is an emotional message, however stupid and childish it may be. I would be upset and suspicious, and I am totally not a suspicious person.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Quoting two4one:

He is being very contradictory. One monet he is saying goodbye forever, and the next saying he wants to remain friends. What's up with that? How did you get the message anyway?

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I think that sounds weird to and like the other ladies said he sounds childish, like he is trying to start something or see how she feels toward him. I think I would wait a while and see what she says back and then maybe ask him why he sent that and what it means.

mommerbean

I think I'd slap him upside the head and ask him what's up?  Sounds to me like he's trying to get something going again, in which case he needs to be slapped again!

Sirenabella

It sounds like he is saying he is severing contact forever but wants it to be on friendly terms and be remembered as a friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)